Expired

When you " like" a comment

18 replies
Found 17th Aug 2010
Does it actually do anything,does the person know you've liked their comment?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

Banned

The person does but that's it. It's pretty pointless.

A better idea would have been to be able to vote hot or cold on each comment, in keeping with the theme of the site. Much like you get on other sites like Engadget where comments are highly ranked or down ranked to oblivion.

Original Poster

What happens,do you get some sort of message saying such and such has liked your comment?

Banned

You tell me

there is a setting to turn the alert on and off but it just pops up "numptyj likes your comment click for more details" and then it takes you to the comment they liked, exactly like rep but no points as far as Im aware

Original Poster

numptyj

there is a setting to turn the alert on and off but it just pops up … there is a setting to turn the alert on and off but it just pops up "numptyj likes your comment click for more details" and then it takes you to the comment they liked, exactly like rep but no points as far as Im aware

Ok,thanks

Banned

it bettr on facebook cuz they get a alert

dcx_badass

You did get a big message at the top of the page every time. But I … You did get a big message at the top of the page every time. But I complained that it was to in your face and annoying so they've added an option to settings to enable or disable it.

cool story bro

Original Poster

dcx_badass

You did get a big message at the top of the page every time. But I … You did get a big message at the top of the page every time. But I complained that it was to in your face and annoying so they've added an option to settings to enable or disable it.

Oh yeah,just found that in settings where you can enable it,thanks!!

why have they done away with rep?!!

deb8z

Oh yeah,just found that in settings where you can enable it,thanks!!

Where about in settings debz, cant seem to find it ?

Original Poster

shopstilldrops

Where about in settings debz, cant seem to find it ?

If you click on private messaging options,it's in there.

lol, am i just being really thick or what (probably) but can i hell find it !!!

Original Poster

Click private messaging options then "Enable Like Notifications"

Original Poster

Sorry,i hadn't seen your pm's until now lol

Glad you sorted it (_;)

deb8z

Sorry,i hadn't seen your pm's until now lolGlad you sorted it (_;)

cheers, ive just 'liked' this comment, did it work ? lol

Original Poster

shopstilldrops

cheers, ive just 'liked' this comment, did it work ? lol

Nooo it didn't arghhhhhhhhhh

deb8z

Nooo it didn't arghhhhhhhhhh

Really ? the thumb is lit up on the post that i 'liked' , strange ! and pretty pointless if you dont get to know !

Banned

numptyj

there is a setting to turn the alert on and off but it just pops up … there is a setting to turn the alert on and off but it just pops up "numptyj likes your comment click for more details" and then it takes you to the comment they liked, exactly like rep but no points as far as Im aware

I'm surprised you know this Numpty!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA2097
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247649
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming1627
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769510

See more discussions