Groups

When your old will you grow your own veg?

i just got roped into helping the old man do some digging on his alotment. Baffles me why anyone could be arsed to do this?? So could u be arsed?

26 Comments

lol, op how old are you?

(_;) only with a....CUCUMBER!

I'm not old and I have been in the greenhouse all day planting seeds oO

easier to just buy....8) but then again i am a lazy wotsit....

Banned

so many reasons for growing your own - cant see why everyone who isnt lazy / unfit doesnt do it.

tastes far better

much cheaper

great outdoor exercise

no giving money to fat supermarket conglomerates for crap tasting food.

Banned

sancho1983

I'm not old and I have been in the greenhouse all day planting seeds oO

lol - +1

cant wait till my chillis are ready

Im 31...I grow my own veg..have done for a couple of year...i also get 3 eggs a day from my chickens

dont have to be old to grow your own veg, we have been doing for couple years now and our two little ones (4 and 7yrs) love to help, we are doing spud, onions, tomatoes, peppers, courgettes maybe some beans. i thinkits great for the kids gets them outside and they eat so much more of the stuff when they have planted & picked it themselves, oh and not forgetting strawberries but they very rarely last long enough to even make it inside the house.

You don't have to be old to grow your own vegetables I'm only 21 and grow some of mine!

Banned

I'm not old.

It's called being economical.

Gardening tip #1 "Don't stand too close to the hole you just dug"

Gardening tip #2 'Don't stand next to an old man with allotment'

In the event of any nuclear disaster western civilisation is coming to an end for the youngsters when the supermarkets run out of prepacked meat and veg X)

But at least there'll be 50 foot high chickens

dontasciime

I'm visualising the back of your head as you run away screaming from the 50ft high chicken

It's not going to hurt anyone when it's stoned. A 50 foot drunk chicken now that's something to run from.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 20th Mar 2011

dontasciime

It's not going to hurt anyone when it's stoned.

not with those boney arms of yours throwing them pmsl

dontasciime

with 8 legs

I might do....if I ever find the world supply of nice tasting food has disappeared over night.

Probably not but I will get a dog.

Have wanted one for 20+ yrs but working full time is just not fair on a dog........and the kennel fees would cost me more per weekend than we normally spend on a weekend away for the 2 of us
    Edited by: "iglimpse" 20th Mar 2011

I'M not old (younger than 30) and I like to grow my own veg. It's a sense of achievement when you can put some veg on your kitchen worktop and make something out of it. Plus you know what is in there rather than "being told" what is in there. Ice grown potatoes, carrots, spinach and I have a rosemary bush which I use regularly.

Supermod

I have applied for an allotment and apparently the waiting list is about 10 years. Oh well, another 2 years to go.

i cant even grow a good head of hair,so what chance have i got lol

Rupz

I'M not old (younger than 30) and I like to grow my own veg. It's a sense … I'M not old (younger than 30) and I like to grow my own veg. It's a sense of achievement when you can put some veg on your kitchen worktop and make something out of it. Plus you know what is in there rather than "being told" what is in there. Ice grown potatoes, carrots, spinach and I have a rosemary bush which I use regularly.

Ooh err missus

chillyyyy

i cant even grow a good head of hair,so what chance have i got lol

Try sprouts.

older generations have more of a work ethic than some people these days. it keeps them busy so they aren't sat in all day, it's healthy and fun. i used to help my then stepdad's dad in his allotment when I was a nipper. i loved it, the fruit was the best I ever tasted!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians79
      2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1218
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions