When’s the best time to book a last minute holiday

Found 29th Jul
Hi All
I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled for a last minute holiday but they don’t seem to be coming down in price, this is to fly in 3 weeks time. Mever booked last minute before so don’t know if prices are as good as they get or if I should hold off another week and see if I can get a real bargain.
So...I’m your experience when’s the best time to book a last minute holiday?
Community Updates
AskHolidays & Leisure
25 Comments
Latedeals are good for package holidays. latedeals.co.uk/
ellenw5 m ago

Latedeals are good for package holidays. https://www.latedeals.co.uk/

Thank you, I’ve not come across them before. I’ll have a look now.
You wont get a bargain in the school holidays. Budget around £500 per person minimum for a week including food
Edited by: "chocci" 29th Jul
It’s peak season you really won’t get any significant discounts only a very small amount if your lucky, if you see something you like go for it quick.

If in future your booking outside of the school holidays then you’ll get some decent discounts, less demand means steeper discounts.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th Jul
chocci6 m ago

You wont get a bargain in the school holidays. Budget around £500 per …You wont get a bargain in the school holidays. Budget around £500 per person minimum for a week including food

Budget is £2k-ish for 2 adults & 2 children so should hopefully pick something up.
cmdr_elito7 m ago

It’s peak season you really won’t get any significant discounts only a ver …It’s peak season you really won’t get any significant discounts only a very small amount if your lucky, if you see something you like go for it quick.If in future your booking outside of the school holidays then you’ll get some decent discounts, less demand means steeper discounts.

It was brilliant when we could go in term time...I remember doing an AI to Menorca for less than £700. Now the kids are at school we’re having to budget a min £2k and even that seems to be a very basic hotel
What airport/date/ages of children
Last minute is brilliant if you can just up and go but in the school holidays it ain't happening. Where do you want to fly from and what board etc? It isn't impossible but it might be hard
Money_Saving_Mum15 m ago

It was brilliant when we could go in term time...I remember doing an AI to …It was brilliant when we could go in term time...I remember doing an AI to Menorca for less than £700. Now the kids are at school we’re having to budget a min £2k and even that seems to be a very basic hotel

Yep unfortunately because demand is high discounts aren’t very much. I remember looking at a holiday lodge just on the cusp of summer holidays and it was triple the cost of a few weeks later outside of the holidays, which is insane. I didn’t book it and changed my leave dates instead and did something better.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th Jul
34528163-IayrI.jpg
chocci5 m ago

[Image]

That’s a cracking deal! Unfortunately we can’t fly from Glasgow, all the great deals are Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Belfast!
We are pretty flexi with our airport all London, all east mids, Leeds and Manchester but I suppose all these places are in school hols!
All inclusive 16 Aug, Manchester, Fenix Family Roquetas De Mar. £2,002.28.
Roc Golf Trinidad in Costa Almeria £2,185.44 ( my brother loved this hotel, 3 kids had great time)
Edited by: "ellenw" 29th Jul
psychobitchfromhell18 m ago

Last minute is brilliant if you can just up and go but in the school …Last minute is brilliant if you can just up and go but in the school holidays it ain't happening. Where do you want to fly from and what board etc? It isn't impossible but it might be hard

Maybe my criteria is too high - looking for a 7 night HB or AI for 2 adults, 2 children preferably to Mainland Spain or Balearics flying from Manchester, Leeds, Doncaster, All London and All Midlands...really wanting a less than 3 hr flight with the kids
ellenw5 m ago

All inclusive 16 Aug, Manchester, Fenix Family Roquetas De Mar. £2,002.28

Thats a great deal but unfortunately we can’t fly this early...earliest we can go is the 19th, well I can go this early but hubby can’t
I so wi
ellenw7 m ago

All inclusive 16 Aug, Manchester, Fenix Family Roquetas De Mar. £2,002.28. …All inclusive 16 Aug, Manchester, Fenix Family Roquetas De Mar. £2,002.28. Roc Golf Trinidad in Costa Almeria £2,185.44 ( my brother loved this hotel, 3 kids had great time)

I so wish I could do this, apparently Costa Almeria is beautiful but have never been, nice short flight too!
Caesar Palace Hotel Giardini Naxos, Sicily, Italy. All inclusive, Manchester £1,958.67
ellenw2 m ago

Caesar Palace Hotel Giardini Naxos, Sicily, Italy. All inclusive, …Caesar Palace Hotel Giardini Naxos, Sicily, Italy. All inclusive, Manchester £1,958.67

Is this TUI? I’ll definitely take a look at this, thank you so much, Sicily hadn’t even crossed my mind, think I just assumed it would be too expensive!
Just seen that TCB are doing 5% cashback for TUI too...brill
Money_Saving_Mum5 m ago

Is this TUI? I’ll definitely take a look at this, thank you so much, S …Is this TUI? I’ll definitely take a look at this, thank you so much, Sicily hadn’t even crossed my mind, think I just assumed it would be too expensive!

Latedeals(It is part of TUI) latedeals.co.uk/sea…756
Edited by: "ellenw" 29th Jul
Money_Saving_Mum9 m ago

Just seen that TCB are doing 5% cashback for TUI too...brill

Its £42.97 more at First Choice but Quidco 2.5% cashback. £50 code at TCB, may work out better value
ellenw12 m ago

Its £42.97 more at First Choice but Quidco 2.5% cashback. £50 code at TCB, …Its £42.97 more at First Choice but Quidco 2.5% cashback. £50 code at TCB, may work out better value

Thank you
chocci5 m ago

https://www.loveholidays.com/holidays/?state=AwoUKFVDsK6AKAWAqBCBKBOBSBWBaBeCaNW9vLaIEipgAGAE

Thank you, lots within budget here!
Money_Saving_Mum1 h, 33 m ago

Thank you, lots within budget here!

They are all AI, so maybe change the filter to HB as might be far cheaper. loveholidays are great as you can book online unlike some of the others who miraculously double the price when you call them. Just take 2 suitcases if possible to bring the cost down.
Edited by: "chocci" 29th Jul
12:47
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants