Where about is an ideal location to stay in London for New Year’s Eve 2018v

Found 1st Jan
Planning early as the prices were really high when I tried to book for 2017 New Year’s Eve. We’re a couple with a 4 year old and looking for somewhere close to the firework display and the New Year’s Day parade. Will be driving down so will be looking to stay for 2 nights on the 31st and the 1st and preferably a hotel with parking. Any ideas would be great. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Everything will be expensive
The Premier Inn which is right next to London Eye is already fully booked.
Staying 2+kids in a room in London is often a problem as the rooms are often small. I use the Hilton Metropole on Edgware Road. Rooms are massive and you can get a room with two queen beds as standard. Opposite tube station or 10 min walk to Hyde Park/Oxford Street. Great view from roof bar. Look out for regular Hilton sales for good price.
What about Greenwich premier Inn (still available £100 for the night) and watching from the park or getting the DLR to Tower Hill to get close-ish?
Have a look at Premier Inn in Kings Cross only a bus ride to the fireworks or take the Thameslink.
london is really bad over the new year period so with a toddler in tow, i would recommend you stay clear of central london. it will be crazy to head there, full of drunk people having a good time, being extremely loud and rowdy. i would only go there if you plan to get completely legless yourself.

i travelled home on new year's eve one year on my own via the tube, which was free, and was so scared being surrounded by so many rowdy young men, singing and shouting, i was worried that they would target me. it can be very frightening.
Will work out alot cheaper if you stay about 5-10 'tube stops' away from central london.
15 mins train journey will save cash and give you more options
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants