Groups
    EXPIRED

Where are people getting these Breaking Bad sets from?

Banned
    I keep seeing sellers flogging these complete series box sets really cheap on eBay. Have I missed something? Are they being sold really cheap somewhere??

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

12 Comments

fakes

Original Poster Banned

chocci

fakes

It's not a fake, it's a genuine UK release box set, new and sealed.

jaydog69

It's not a fake, it's a genuine UK release box set, new and sealed.

item number? BR or DVD?

Just because it states "genuine UK release box set, new and sealed" doesnt mean it is. Some really good fakes out there now.

Either that or it was ultra cheap for one day in one online store and people are profiteering

Original Poster Banned

chocci

item number? BR or DVD?Just because it states "genuine UK release box … item number? BR or DVD?Just because it states "genuine UK release box set, new and sealed" doesnt mean it is. Some really good fakes out there now.Either that or it was ultra cheap for one day in one online store and people are profiteering

ebay.co.uk/itm…AIT

Original Poster Banned

Business sellers are selling these for a similar price too.

well it was £37 at tesco a month or so ago so £5 is not a major discount really

Original Poster Banned

I actually have this boxset already but returning it because the cardboard inside is coming away from itself and glue is exposed. It looks the real deal, however i just put the disc in a PC and went to file explorer and tried copying the DVD files onto my desktop and it lets me.... there's no copy protection by the looks of it - this normal?

Any other way to check?

When Tesco did that insane clearance sale a few months back they had the complete box set for £3.75, maybe they picked a few up.

jaydog69

I actually have this boxset already but returning it because the … I actually have this boxset already but returning it because the cardboard inside is coming away from itself and glue is exposed. It looks the real deal, however i just put the disc in a PC and went to file explorer and tried copying the DVD files onto my desktop and it lets me.... there's no copy protection by the looks of it - this normal?Any other way to check?

no, that is not normal and generally means fake

also, check the disks are dual layer (i.e 8.5GB, not 4.7GB)

Original Poster Banned

They are single layer. Defo fake so have just emailed the seller. Not happy!

bought from ebay? make sure you report them after getting a refund.

Original Poster Banned

I've opened a dispute. If I send it back, I've got no evidence though. I must admit it's a good fake. Packaging is spot on but the discs are fake as hell.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions