Groups

Where are the curly haired cats?

Isn't hair and fur a funny thing. I was lying in bed last night randomly wondering why you don't get cats with curly fur when you do get dogs with it like poodles. Went on to realise that apart from people, dogs and sheep nothing much seems to be curly at all. Why is that? You get long and short haired rabbits so why not curly rabbits?
    That led me on to wondering why some hair grows and grows and grows wheras other hair gets to a certain length and stops. How does it know?
    I get kept awake by the oddest thoughts

14 Comments

youve never seen a pussy with short curly hair?:whistling:

Original Poster

barky;7712868

hahaha:thumbsup:

there is a breed of cat that has got slightly curly hair called laperm. I wonder if it something to do with the way cats wash themselves.

Original Poster

StudentJo;7712946

there is a breed of cat that has got slightly curly hair called laperm. I … there is a breed of cat that has got slightly curly hair called laperm. I wonder if it something to do with the way cats wash themselves.

laperm :? are you pulling my leg? :thumbsup:

StudentJo;7712946

there is a breed of cat that has got slightly curly hair called laperm. I … there is a breed of cat that has got slightly curly hair called laperm. I wonder if it something to do with the way cats wash themselves.

And there's the devon rex as well.

StudentJo;7712946

Little Munchkin;7712979

laperm :? are you pulling my leg? :thumbsup:

Apparently not, lol

http://www.catfacts.org/laperm-cat-facts.jpg

Original Poster

StudentJo;7712989

nope! … nope! http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=laperm&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

lol sorry i just thought with perm in the name and i am often gullible :oops: Not heard of those before. So you do get curly cats. Hmmm now what about rabbits, guinea pigs, horses and things?

rose_cat_jr;7712990

And there's the devon rex as well.

I like the look of those lol!

barky;7712868

This ^^^^^^^^^ you have to been someone of the world in order to know that there are plenty of the above! lol..

Little Munchkin;7713034

lol sorry i just thought with perm in the name and i am often gullible … lol sorry i just thought with perm in the name and i am often gullible :oops: Not heard of those before. So you do get curly cats. Hmmm now what about rabbits, guinea pigs, horses and things?

yep, all curly! Even the horse gaitedhorses.net/Cur…htm

Original Poster

StudentJo;7713115

yep, all curly! Even the horse … yep, all curly! Even the horse http://www.gaitedhorses.net/CurliePage/indexCurly2.htm

Oh how cute is that. I want to collect curly animals lol

Little Munchkin;7713193

Oh how cute is that. I want to collect curly animals lol

lol I think that is a good starting point for a zoo business model.

re curly-haired cats

There is also the Cornish Rex - really cute
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1625
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1219
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31140
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…34

See more discussions