Where are the custom Vega 56/64 cards?

Found 11th Oct 2017Edited by:"greysquaill"
I've been waiting patiently until now and frankly I'm beginning to lose that patience. No news recently so they're probably still at least a month away.

Going to go crazy and just blow £700+ on a 1080 ti instead as I bet the custom Vegas will be £600+ anyway. My only regret would be that my 1440p 144hz is freesync.

Who else is in the same boat?
Community Updates
Misc
3 Comments
1080ti you will save the price difference in power usage easily over its life.
Original Poster
catbeans1 h, 24 m ago

1080ti you will save the price difference in power usage easily over its …1080ti you will save the price difference in power usage easily over its life.

I'm looking for any excuse now and that might be good enough. If I see a £650 deal for a 1080ti from a decent UK seller, I'm buying it.
There has been news. Not much of it is too positive, though. It's mostly been that some manufacturers aren't going to put out custom boards, whereas others are, but not just yet. Vega is just too unappealing a prospect at this point, and it's not likely to get any better. Part of the problem, I suspect, is that having HBM integrated with the GPU means there's no scope there for the likes of MSI to produce performance-enhanced versions by installing better-than-stock memory.

Anyway, just grab yourself a 1080ti. Yep, you'll lose freesync, but the extra power means that you're more likely to be riding the monitor's maximum refresh rate anyway, which makes freesync largely irrelevant.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants