Groups

Where Can I Buy A Mirror From?

After a mirror for the living room but really struggling to find any decent ones.

Have tried ...

John Lewis
    Argos
    Next
    Habitat
    Ikea
    M&S
    Dunelm
    BHS
    B&Q

Any other places to try ??

24 Comments

Try the furniture stores like Cousins on the Warwick? Road,

p.s you are so vain smithy.
    Edited by: "greg_68" 27th Apr 2011

Could try wilkinsons .

Could look in the charity shops aswell, or car boot, you never know whats about .
    Edited by: "philmitchell" 27th Apr 2011

WHSmiths?

Original Poster

greg_68

Try the furniture stores like Cousins on the Warwick? Road, p.s you are … Try the furniture stores like Cousins on the Warwick? Road, p.s you are so vain smithy.

Original Poster

philmitchell

Could try wilkinsons .

Tried them as well ..... nowt.

What style ? what about Homebase .or littlewoods /great universal etc
    Edited by: "shopstilldrops" 27th Apr 2011

Have you got a Range near you at all?

We got a lovely one from there and they are not over priced either.

Admin

Laura Ashley / House of Fraser / Midnight Mirrors /

TK Maxx have some good ones near us; what about somewhere like Heals or House of Fraser? Laura Ashley also have some nice ones as well.

Beth3735's suggestion is also really good, I have seen some nice ones in there.

I bought mine from therange.co.uk/ (instore Reading)

Original Poster

Some good suggestions, thanks all.

Were after a rectangular facet mirror, maybe like this but just can't justify paying the dough !!!

next.co.uk/sho…104

Something slightly smaller but that type of design.

Go to a glass shop and have them cut you a mirror to the size you want.

Take said mirror to a picture framers. Voila a choice of thousands.

I have done this for every mirror in my house. Fairly cheap and totally bespoke.

Edit - After seeing what you want a picture framer obviously could not do that.
    Edited by: "chester123" 27th Apr 2011

Any independent furniture shops near you?

The place where we bought our dining table and sideboard from sell a really nice selection of mirrors

Original Poster

sancho1983

Any independent furniture shops near you?The place where we bought our … Any independent furniture shops near you?The place where we bought our dining table and sideboard from sell a really nice selection of mirrors

One or two but nothing that we like ...

Original Poster

beth3735

Have you got a Range near you at all?We got a lovely one from there and … Have you got a Range near you at all?We got a lovely one from there and they are not over priced either.

Never heard of them but there is one 15 miles away, will look on their website at what they have.

Banned

try your local auction that does furniture if you want a old style one

Latifs do loads but generally framed

smithyp1

Some good suggestions, thanks all.Were after a rectangular facet mirror, … Some good suggestions, thanks all.Were after a rectangular facet mirror, maybe like this but just can't justify paying the dough !!!http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/homeware/living-room/51/2?extra=sch&n=homeware&pid=440-104.

Eh? If you like it and want it, isn't that enough justification?

Original Poster

deek72

Eh? If you like it and want it, isn't that enough justification?

In one way yes but have got better things to spend £150 on .... but thanks for the input

Original Poster

zoe1306

Latifs do loads but generally framed

Newsagents

There are quite a few on Ebay including a couple of Next ones although they are smaller than the one on your link.

Make one yourself,

MDF board cut to size at B&Q
    9 peices of mirror from glaziers or 9 mirrors from a pound shop etc
    A peice of wood beeding and saw if you dont have one to make the lift of each mirror
    Tube of black silicone and a gun, or possible hot glue gun and glue sticks (not sure on glass?)
    Can of spray paint or gloss paint and brush

You wont be able to get that filled in look behind each mirror but it wont cost £150 to do it. You could do it for about £30 quid and youll get the same effect.

Yep the Range at Kidderminster will have some.

Also try Lee Longlands and have you tried the 'Sima' warehouse up at Wythall, they have a few different things in stock.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764228
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846176
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…45
      4. What do these 2 men have in common1321

See more discussions