Groups
    EXPIRED

Where Can I Buy A Pal PS3 Replacement Blu-ray Drive

Hi i have recently bought a faulty pal playstation 3 from ebay there was something wrong with the blu-ray drive and would like to replace it. Can somebody please help me find the best price for a new drive.
    Thxs

10 Comments

to be honest, your probably best looking for another faulty PS3 that has a different fault and robbing the parts from it.

Original Poster

Found out it would be cheaper to buy a new drive rather then spend £100 on a faulty one.

do you need the whole drive or just the laser?

the laser is about 50 quid delivered on fleabay.

Original Poster

The Whole drive had a look on ebay and they cost about £50 but was looking to get it cheaper.

Hi, wht i done when i bought a faulty psp off of ebay was phone them on this number :0870 5998877 and they sent me a replacement psp which arrived next day and took my broken one away. All i had to do was give them the serial number and tell them it was under a year old (even though i had no receipt). This does work 100%, although not done it with ps3, but from what ive read, it is exactly the same. Make sure the warrenty sticker is intact though.
    See here for more info : ps3chat.com/pla…tml

Firstly, you'll need to see what laser assembly you've currently got in place. You'll need to swap like-for-like. You also can't just swap the entire drive - whilst they're not paired to each console, there are different models and trying to find one that matches will be a nightmare.

Secondly, avoid buying laser assemblies on ebay - there are a lot of cheap inferior components out there and chances are it'll last you a couple of hours tops. If the laser ribbon clip on the laser is white then avoid. Look for brown clip replacements.

Original Poster

Warrenty sticker is already off so cant do that. the thing with the ps3 drive it will sometimes load a ps3 game but not all the way and then the drive just stops spinning.

Original Poster

Was also thinking it could be a firmware problem so formated hard drive but still has not gone back to old firmware still on 2.70.

nissan3;4888628

Warrenty sticker is already off so cant do that. the thing with the ps3 … Warrenty sticker is already off so cant do that. the thing with the ps3 drive it will sometimes load a ps3 game but not all the way and then the drive just stops spinning.

I would definitely go with it being a laser issue.

Original Poster

i am starting to wonder weather it is the laser as it reads dvd and sometimes reads ps3 game but stops when it gets to a certain point and disks stops spinning.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767133
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1835
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047071
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?33

See more discussions