Where can I buy an original NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti?

Found 25th Jan
Why is it so hard to find a retailer of the original NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti ? Why must I buy an MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti OR and ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti ???
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Google?
You’re looking for a blower I assume, plenty around? Crypto mining?
because there is no such thing,
Nvidia don't make display cards only the chipsets and they selll those to oems to make the cards with.
maddogb46 m ago

because there is no such thing, Nvidia don't make display cards only the …because there is no such thing, Nvidia don't make display cards only the chipsets and they selll those to oems to make the cards with.

They don't make the cards, but they do contract one of their partners to make cards with just the nVidia brand on them.

It's generally a relatively small run around release though, it's not surprising they're all sold out by now.
EndlessWaves1 h, 59 m ago

They don't make the cards, but they do contract one of their partners to …They don't make the cards, but they do contract one of their partners to make cards with just the nVidia brand on them. It's generally a relatively small run around release though, it's not surprising they're all sold out by now.

so you quote me saying they don't make cards to basically say...yes they don't make cards.
do you know how annoying it is to get stuff like that on my notifications?
all cards with the chips on carry nvidia branding. :P
Original Poster
maddogb7 h, 9 m ago

because there is no such thing, Nvidia don't make display cards only the …because there is no such thing, Nvidia don't make display cards only the chipsets and they selll those to oems to make the cards with.

But on the Nvidia website there is reference to a Nvidia 1080 ti 11GB founders edition but seems it’s forever sold out, check here geforce.co.uk/har…ti/
sinxa13 m ago

But on the Nvidia website there is reference to a Nvidia 1080 ti 11GB …But on the Nvidia website there is reference to a Nvidia 1080 ti 11GB founders edition but seems it’s forever sold out, check here https://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080-ti/

Yup, the manufacturer reference cards (aka founders edition) are typically just a smallish run around release time. It's normal for them to have completely sold out ten months after release.

If you just want a card with nVidia branding then the GTX 1080 is likely to be replaced in late spring or summer. That'll give you similar performance to the current GTX 1080ti at a lower power consumption and cheaper price.
They are really expensive at the moment
Original Poster
EndlessWaves1 h, 56 m ago

Yup, the manufacturer reference cards (aka founders edition) are typically …Yup, the manufacturer reference cards (aka founders edition) are typically just a smallish run around release time. It's normal for them to have completely sold out ten months after release. If you just want a card with nVidia branding then the GTX 1080 is likely to be replaced in late spring or summer. That'll give you similar performance to the current GTX 1080ti at a lower power consumption and cheaper price.

Thanks for the advice, I am currently building a desktop at the minute. Intel i9 7900x, X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming MB, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum at 3466 MHz (will expand at some point), Dark Power Pro 850w PSU, Intel Optane SSD, Deep Cool Liquid cool case, now just looking for the best Graphic Card, been reading around the different branded 1080TI and from what I’ve read that the GigaByte 1080TI 11GB Xtreme waterforce is around 1746GHZ compared to the standard 1550GHZ and OC’ed the fastest, would you say for now that’s the best 1080TI to go for amazon.co.uk/gp/…1gb ? I have the liquid pump and reservoir etc already.
Original Poster
MrMan20111 h, 41 m ago

They are really expensive at the moment

I agree
sinxa15 m ago

I have the liquid pump and reservoir etc already.

Aluminium or copper? It's not ideal to mix metals in a water cooling loop.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants