Expired

Where can I buy genuine Apple Lightening cable (cheap) on high street ? Fed up with fake one online and cannot wait.

Found 8th Oct 2014
Apple rejects fakes cables.

17 Comments

Genuine one.....Apple store is the only way to be 100% of being genuine. Not cheap, but sure it'll work!

I got mine from Poundland. Works indoors and cigarette car charging.

I don't think a cheap genuine cable exists....

Got a triple USB cable in poundland. MicroUSB/old style apple and lighting connector. A little short but handy for those with old / new devices

7dayshop are doing genuine cables for cheaper atm, although not necessarily cheap

I have found the USB lightning adapter is the most reliable, then you can use a normal USB mini/micro lead.

You get them at Maplins/Argos etc. about £15, however you can get them on Amazon/eBay for a reduced price.

I like the local shop mode Argos/Maplins/Tesco purchase, so keep receipt and if they go wrong, they change faulty units with no issues.

list here
Edited by: "rap451" 8th Oct 2014

Best option would be amazon's basic range. Works perfectly with the device (no error messages) and is much reasonable priced than apple
amazon.co.uk/dp/…0RK

Also the 1.8 meter cable length is really useful!
Edited by: "ace101" 8th Oct 2014

ace101

Best option would be amazon's basic range. Works perfectly with the … Best option would be amazon's basic range. Works perfectly with the device (no error messages) and is much reasonable priced than apple http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FA4Y82W/ref=twister_B00J0B80RK

that's more expensive than the genuine cable @ 7dayshop is atm

niceguyrichy

that's more expensive than the genuine cable @ 7dayshop is atm

Good price the 1 meter cable
But after using a longer cable, I would still recommend amazon's 1.8 meter cable

Original Poster

Thanks for advice guys. 7 Days and Amazon Basic sounds good. But I need it today. I need to buy one from high street shop. I can't justify paying £15 (which is a complete rip off price from Apple anyway) though. Anything between £7-£10 is ok.
Edited by: "fullmoon" 8th Oct 2014

fullmoon

Thanks for advice guys. 7 Days and Amazon Basic sounds good. But I need … Thanks for advice guys. 7 Days and Amazon Basic sounds good. But I need it today. I need to buy one from high street shop. I can't justify paying £15 (which is a complete rip off price from Apple anyway) though. Anything between £7-£10 is ok.

ah right, should prob have read properly before wading in
DSG group stores i think do one for around £12 -ish, but can't think of anywhere on the highstreet off the top of my head where you'd get a good one cheap tbh

Argos used to do 30pin cheap stuff that all worked well, don't think they do Lightning though

I recent pick one up from The Range, which cost around 7.99

I do chuckle when folk moan at the prices, we buy the overpriced phone, yet scrimp on the accessories prices.... like the leads and chargers and cases, poor quality stuff is asking for trouble… a £500 device, with a lead from poundland, for these sort of purchases buy from a local shops and keeps receipts.... then if they go pear shaped then return and replace, simples....

And yeah I know £15 for a lead is a rip off but isn’t the iPhone £500 mark a full on rip off, use a crap accessories is asking for grim in many different ways, just IMO.

I'm using amazon basic it's brilliant much stronger than apple

Amazon Basic cables are ok, but sometimes can be temperamental, if you have an old cable which doesn't work and a live warranty you can have a free replacement, go online and do a warranty cable.

Original Poster

Thanks very much. I have ordered the Amazon one. Look like I will get it tomorrow wit Prime.

o2 shop keeps a couple of certified and original options
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants