Expired

Where can i buy logs for wood burning stove?

Found 9th Sep 2009
Might seem like a daft question but i have no idea!

We are going away for the weekend and the place supplies the 1st basket then we have the option to buy more from them at £4 per bag. Just wondering if it would be cheaper to take my own.

We will need a fairly big amount to keep us warm for the 4 days we are there.

Thanks x

1. Ask
  2. Hob
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Hob
10 Comments

Yeah ... take your own tree and rip saw .. that will teach them to charge £4 a log.:w00t:

for 4 days you'll need a huge pile. I love open fires...

Garden centres charge about a tenner for a bag of kindling, another tenner for another bag of wood.

I'd easily go through 2 bags or so a day but then i'm obsessed with tending the flames lol love watching them dance.

It'd prolly be fine to pay their 4 quid a bag IMO xx

Banned

sure youve got other things youd rather take than a car full of logs to save a couple of quid......

dont worry, sure you can go hunting for stuff to burn if you are that cold

wilkinsons do these -
]http//ww…%3D

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6246074

for 4 days you'll need a huge pile. I love open fires... Garden centres … for 4 days you'll need a huge pile. I love open fires... Garden centres charge about a tenner for a bag of kindling, another tenner for another bag of wood. I'd easily go through 2 bags or so a day but then i'm obsessed with tending the flames lol love watching them dance. It'd prolly be fine to pay their 4 quid a bag IMO xx

We are staying in a yurt with no insulation so im pretty sure we will go through loads!

Maybe i will just buy it there then, though i suppose it depends on the size of the bag i get for £4

loobie;6246095

We are staying in a yurt with no insulation so im pretty sure we will go … We are staying in a yurt with no insulation so im pretty sure we will go through loads! Maybe i will just buy it there then, though i suppose it depends on the size of the bag i get for £4

I'm thinking maybe a 20L sack full for a tenner xxx

Were 50p a bag in the B&Q clearance sale at my B&Q at the weekend. Try your local B&Q.

Original Poster

greg_68;6247874

Were 50p a bag in the B&Q clearance sale at my B&Q at the weekend. Try … Were 50p a bag in the B&Q clearance sale at my B&Q at the weekend. Try your local B&Q.

Ta, will take a look xx

u have any joiners/kitchen fitters/furniture makers near you?
weve got a big industrial estate near us, we just go up to all the carpenters/joiners and ask if we can have their waste. Obviously its cheaper for them than paying to have it removed so its win/win! We get skip fulls of waste wood every week suitable for burning in our stove.

Befriend your local tree surgeons.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Four Xbox 360 titles to be enhanced for Xbox One X22
    2. BrightHouse to pay £14.8 MILLION in compensation to 249,000 customers56
    3. And you think you are having a bad day?11
    4. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games1219

See more discussions