Where can I buy plastic sheet to cover face for corona virus

Posted 7th Apr
3436695-fTOM3.jpg

So I have a glue gun, I’d like to make some and hand out to family who are key workers.
But there’s different sheets on eBay and prices have gone up a lot

Has anyone managed to find any??
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Buy an A4 plastic paper pocket & hold it on with an aliceband

There is a video out there of a lady that done it and it went viral . For want of a better word.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 7th Apr
28 Comments
deleted1927674
Haha
Acetate is recommended, between 0.2 and 0.5 mm. Amazon?
Why
Scotland131407/04/2020 15:30

Why

Because my bro has a shop and it’s ideal when shopping i spose. Also it may be handy for elders
Misslovely07/04/2020 15:32

Because my bro has a shop and it’s ideal when shopping i spose. Also it m …Because my bro has a shop and it’s ideal when shopping i spose. Also it may be handy for elders

Great useful effort. Any semi-rigid clear polythene, polycarbonate sheeting will do.
I use an old snorkel from my holiday last year.
Like this? Only a matter of time
40337544.jpg
Edited by: "wayners" 7th Apr
splender07/04/2020 15:44

Great useful effort. Any semi-rigid clear polythene, polycarbonate …Great useful effort. Any semi-rigid clear polythene, polycarbonate sheeting will do.

Yea but the question is where to buy it from?
Cheap is £2.85 for one A4 sheet on eBay
Wanted to know if anyone found set of 5 etc etc
Misslovely07/04/2020 16:03

Yea but the question is where to buy it from? Cheap is £2.85 for one A4 …Yea but the question is where to buy it from? Cheap is £2.85 for one A4 sheet on eBay Wanted to know if anyone found set of 5 etc etc

What you need, way cheaper , as I used to use them a lot, is 200 micron or more thick of A4 acetate sheets for Overhead Projectors (OHP) , just google , "200 microns ohp a4 price" and you find a lot of online shops, such as ukcardcrafts.com/ace…asp
Buy an A4 plastic paper pocket & hold it on with an aliceband

There is a video out there of a lady that done it and it went viral . For want of a better word.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 7th Apr
Try The Sheet House.
There are face guards on amazon & eBay which are pretty cheap. If your wanting to use them in the shop you could always put up a plastic screen quite a few shops locally are doing this.
do the T-shirt mask
Why not just buy a few masks of eBay, I ordered some a couple of days a go waiting for delivery
I popped in to the front porch of our local surgery yesterday to drop off a repeat prescription in the letter box there and was confronted by a very senior gentleman pointing at me gesturing to let him pass.

As a lifelong respecter of our elders I would have done anyway but the fact he was sporting a beekeeper's meshed hood with protective googles and 3M face mask underneath almost had me running back to my motor in terror, bless him lol he almost looked like something out of The Walking Dead
bob64407/04/2020 17:34

Comment deleted

disclaimer: may cause suffocation if in fact you do survive coronavirus!
Only one way to avoiding virus, if only I could remember what it was
wayners07/04/2020 18:58

Only one way to avoiding virus, if only I could remember what it was …Only one way to avoiding virus, if only I could remember what it was

Protect your home
Stay at the Nhs

Is that it
Clingfilm May work if you are struggling, just pop a straw through to act as a breathing tube
Cheesetoastie07/04/2020 19:48

Clingfilm May work if you are struggling, just pop a straw through to act …Clingfilm May work if you are struggling, just pop a straw through to act as a breathing tube

Ok. That’s a brilliant idea
Gollywood07/04/2020 22:43

Does it have to be clear?

if you’re blind, I guess it wouldn’t matter
tailo08/04/2020 08:27

Have you tried Amazon? …Have you tried Amazon? https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=acetate+sheet&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

That reminds me of laminate sheets I have. Would look stupid wouldn’t it lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions