Expired

Where can I find a small amount of cheap masonry paint?

Found 5th Feb 2015
I have only a small area to paint, just a couple of concrete lintels, but I can't find a small amount, only big tins at £20+ a throw. I'm thinking a litre might be too much even.

Just want a small quantity of white masonry paint. Anyone know where I can find such please? Or can I use 'any-old-paint'?
Community Updates
AskPaint
14 Comments
IIRC sample pots are 99p in Wickes - just buy as many as you need

EliTom
I was looking at masonry paint yesterday. The tester pots of masonry paint seem to be a lot larger than standard paint testers. The dulux weathershield tester pots are 250ml and the sandtex ones are 150ml. Not sure if that'd be enough but you could get a couple. Or else sometimes masonry paint comes in 750ml tins.
Try poundshops too.
Just adding a comment to keep track off this question as I would like to know too due to being in the same position. Last time round, I'd say I used less than a fifth of the tin and the rest was spoiled by the next summer.
I'm not sure if this would work on masonry but I don't see why not. Worth a try.
http://www.uktoolcentre.co.uk/Shop/p~61704~Premium-Spray-Paint-Satin.html?nosto=Addtobasket
Edited by: "dereklogan7" 5th Feb 2015
Yes stonework is in the description.
dereklogan7

I'm not sure if this would work on masonry but I don't see why not. Worth … I'm not sure if this would work on masonry but I don't see why not. Worth a try. 8)http://www.uktoolcentre.co.uk/Shop/p~61704~Premium-Spray-Paint-Satin.html?nosto=Addtobasket

I have to say, there's no way I'd use Plastikote on lintels.
We went to B&Q a few nights ago and they had a tin of clearance paint in which sandtex and other big ones were £10.. Reduced.
iv got increased moist on my walls now since painting my external walls so please think before!
local tip/recycling centre - they usually have a special shed for paint pots so could always see if there's some there and sneak it out.
Just a quick update. The cheapest masonry paint I have found in small quantities is from The Range.

Granocryl by Leyland, so not bad make.

2.5lt for £5.99 and 5lt for £9.99. Much better price than anywhere online that I've found.

They have lots of colours and both smooth and textured.

Not tried it yet, but it looks fine.
I want to touch up the writing on my mum's headstone on her grave....

Any ideas where I can buy a SMALL tin of brilliant white masonry Paint?!!?
Kelli_Rees3 m ago

I want to touch up the writing on my mum's headstone on her grave.... Any …I want to touch up the writing on my mum's headstone on her grave.... Any ideas where I can buy a SMALL tin of brilliant white masonry Paint?!!?

Hi @Kelli_Rees
Can I suggest creating a new thread on this subject as this thread is over 3 years old?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants