Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Where can I find that ketchup from burger vans and some cafes?

Posted 30th Sep
Where can I find that ketchup from burger vans and some cafes?

It’s hard to describe, but it’s definitely not Heinz, nor is it daddy’s or cheap supermarket stuff.
You only get it randomly and I love it. It’s sort of vinegary and maybe slightly hot.
You know it when you taste it! I’d kill to find a supplier 😄
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Difficult concept... but the next time you purchase food from a burger van or cafe using 'that' ketchup, erm, y'know... ask them where they buy it from & who manufacturers it.
I think I've seen it in The Range
Edited by: "shepademus" 30th Sep
They sell it in a shop near me called nice n icy, also sell it in my local chip shop and sometimes in heron
In the olden days our local chippies used Gold Star Tomato Ketchup, didn't realise you could still get it!! Might be a Scotland thing.
Im 95% this is the one your after.

38581936-8n3Up.jpg
As someone else suggested ask them what ketchup they use, then search the internet for a local catering suppler who sells it. Forget about anything you can buy in retail shops as suggested above they will be a rip off. Below is the sort of thing you are after-£3 for 4 litre of the stuff.

marfast.co.uk/amb…tml
Caroline_199301/10/2019 00:59

Im 95% this is the one your after. [Image]

thats defo the stuff they have it in BnM for about £1 for a half ltr
Asda in Edinburgh has the Gold Star brown sauce
louiselouise01/10/2019 00:09

In the olden days our local chippies used Gold Star Tomato Ketchup, didn't …In the olden days our local chippies used Gold Star Tomato Ketchup, didn't realise you could still get it!! Might be a Scotland thing.

Thread now marked as 'Expired'.

You're welcome, @Dylan_Smith135.
Nana1401/10/2019 07:35

Asda in Edinburgh has the Gold Star brown sauce

My link takes you to Asda
Edited by: "louiselouise" 1st Oct
pound stores in the past few years but also wholesalers.

Haven't tried their ketchup, however their yoghurt based one is delicious with crumbed fish & the like.
Can't beat heinz?!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants