Groups

Where can I find worklights without a grill on front?

Bit of a weird one. Looked around as many retailers as I could think of.
    screwfix.com/pro…00W

I want in that same style (with the handle type stand) but without the grills because I'm wary of it potentially creating shadows. I can find lights without the grill but none of them have a stand like these ones do.

6 Comments

dcx_badass

Take the grill off.

dont be so stupid, that's far too simple

Are you getting them for photography or something? If so you can just remove the grills on most but they are there cos these lights get very hot as they are Halogen. They are not that good for photography of anything that will hate the heat (ie people) and also will need the cameras white balance adjusted to compensate for the colour cast these create on the images.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Take the grill off.

CyDoNiA

Are you getting them for photography or something? If so you can just … Are you getting them for photography or something? If so you can just remove the grills on most but they are there cos these lights get very hot as they are Halogen. They are not that good for photography of anything that will hate the heat (ie people) and also will need the cameras white balance adjusted to compensate for the colour cast these create on the images.

I don't know if they are attached to the glass in the lamp, so not sure if they would be removable or not.

I am wanting to use a green screen for video, and from what I have read (for those who want to be cheap) it's the best option.

Theyre not attached to the glass, as the guard is their to protect the glass !

You actually pay more for a fitting with a guard, try any electrical wholesaler, wickes , homebase etc.

Cant actually believe youre struggling to find any without guards
    Edited by: "transit" 17th Jan 2011

I would recommend using a metal halide floodlight instead of halogen, we use them at work and they are pretty powerful.

rselectricalsupplies.co.uk/ele…ies

transit

I would recommend using a metal halide floodlight instead of halogen, we … I would recommend using a metal halide floodlight instead of halogen, we use them at work and they are pretty powerful.http://www.rselectricalsupplies.co.uk/electrical-lighting-supplies/floodlights/floodlight-400w-metal-halide-black/?utm_source=Googleshopping&utm_medium=Freelistings&utm_campaign=Electrical+Lighting+Supplies

they are 5x the cost of what OP had linked,

On the plus side you can grow your "herbs" with them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31126
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2542
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767419
      4. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery77

See more discussions