Expired

Where can i get a good badminton racket?

Found 18th Sep 2011
So i recently started playing badminton twice a week and found it quite enjoyable! But hiring rackets at £1.75 each time is working out quite expensive. Anyone know which brands i should be looking at and how much I should be spending?

12 Comments

You do Realize that you`r using the internet to make this thread.

sportsdirect.com/Pro…ket
Edited by: "timtom13" 18th Sep 2011

I do play a lot,and have Pre-Order this one//
sportsdirect.com/car…056

Bought "this" for its Isometric head shape.

whatsThePoint

If you want to get one like this you can save money by buying it here for … If you want to get one like this you can save money by buying it here for £87.99http://www.sweatband.com/carlton-air-edge-badminton-racket.html

Omg dam it,i keep for geting about this site ,,,,,all about hotdeals thanks.

I dont understand why people are constantly getting hounded for asking any question whatsoever on here. He's not asking where he can buy a racquet he is asking what is considered a good brand and how much is reasonable to spend to get a decent racquet.

Personally I like Yonex racquets but others I play with swear by Prince/Ashaway.Price wise I paid £30 reduced from 80 from Kickbacksports and am happy enough with it. Basically I would spend what you can afford and unless you are going to be entering comps taking it properly serious around £30-50 would do the job!

I like Yonex myself.
But dont bother spending loads, a better raquet a better player does not make!

spend £10-£20 and you will be golden.

The thread does state that yes but if you read what he actually asks in the main text it goes beyond that. Like teachers always says read the question properly before answering the question.

Yonex for me too but make sure its a one piece...

whatsThePoint

Well i wouldn't want you as a teacher as you couldn't even get a simple … Well i wouldn't want you as a teacher as you couldn't even get a simple fact thats written in front of you rightThe headline text is always the most importantDo you read the small print on anything?

Trainee solicitor so yes on practically everything, but I would hardly call the main text small print. Evidently the other people to have replied seem to agree he was asking more for opinions on brands.

No sorry i was taking the p....s.

Original Poster

wow .. whats with the hostility?

okay perhaps my title was not phrased correctly but its obvious i was asking about which brands make good quality rackets. i was at a sports shop earlier and the prices were very ranged so i wanted opinions on the different brands and how much bang for buck i get

EDIT: cbryanp gets it

Edited by: "IceRaptor" 18th Sep 2011

Banned

whatsThePoint

Every brand will have people who like it or it would soon die out and you … Every brand will have people who like it or it would soon die out and you didn't give a budget so on the whole it was a pointless question

Cheer up, 3rd place is acceptable non?

hi depends how good you are for the quality of racket.
you cant really go wrong with modern rackets, i prefer carlton. a good racket can be bought from sports
world about 50% of rrp when they were new.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions