Groups

Where can I get a Wellington Boot Cake or similar please?

I'm looking for a cake in the shape of a Wellington Boot, or even a recipe please.

My friend turns 40 on Saturday and he's into all things country and we've left it very late and are on a reasonably tight budget.

The other option would be to find a decent cake topper.

Other interests are ferrets (don't ask!).

9 Comments

My wife's cakes taste like they're made out of wellies - I can get her to send you the recipe if you want.:-D

Original Poster

cis_groupie;6914321

My wife's cakes taste like they're made out of wellies - I can get her to … My wife's cakes taste like they're made out of wellies - I can get her to send you the recipe if you want.:-D

A bit like my own!

Well the recipe for a welly shape or one shaped like a computer will be the same, its how you cut it and decorate it that will make it look like a welly

Look for local cake makers in yellow pages etc. Where are you?

Not a welly, but a pair of walking boots. ://sweet-fantasies.co.uk/pag…tml
    Stoke on Trent area. If this isn't near you maybe you could find something similar in your area
    New to misc, sorry if posted incorrectly

Original Poster

Need to make it ourselves as cake makers will charge over £35 and didn't want to spend that much.

fruityloops;6914588

Need to make it ourselves as cake makers will charge over £35 and didn't … Need to make it ourselves as cake makers will charge over £35 and didn't want to spend that much.

As long as you can ice a cake it depends how arty you are. All the cake makers do is make several sponge cakes layer them or put them side by side and then cut to a wellie shape and then ice it. Depends on how confident you feel about doing it.

To be honest a wellie shape is fairly simple, find a drawing / photo and work from that.

I'd say gor for it sometimes the bad ones have a comedy effect.

take an arty photo of some walking boots take to local asda they can scan photo onto and asda's own cake done deal not as arty as a boot cake its self but for £10 alot easier and less stress x

Original Poster

Thanks, we are sorted! A local lady is making one for me for £25, in the meantime, I must work on my cake decorating skills lol.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions