Groups

Where can I get cheap energy saving small edison (screw on)/bayonet bulbs?

They seem to carry a premium compared to full size Edison/Bayonet...

8 Comments

Have you tried Maplin ? Not sure on the prices of the larger ones but look at this link & see if you are happy with the prices. maplin.co.uk/Sea…D=Y

Tesco,s had these at £1-39 bogof.........and then later at 1p each........worth a look......but dont hold your breath...........
    I bought 50 at £1-39 buy one get one free .....small edison screw.in various styles/watts..............and then they cleared all/most
    low energy bulbs at 1p each..........but as i do not live in the uk i have to buy when i am there.............and missed this deal

There are different sizes of Edison screw fittings (by that I mean the size of the screw itself), what size do you need?

Are ]these any good or are they too expensive?

most supermarkets for bayonet, IKEA for screw fitting

Original Poster

barneydog;1803757

There are different sizes of Edison screw fittings (by that I mean the … There are different sizes of Edison screw fittings (by that I mean the size of the screw itself), what size do you need?Are ]these any good or are they too expensive?

There four main types of bulb connections:

[LIST]
    [*]Normal Large Bayonet
    [*]Normal Large Screw On/Edison
    [*]Small Bayonet
    [*]Small Screw On/Edison[/LIST]
    Screwfix is a bit pricey, I'll keep an eye out for the Tesco deals.

It's a shame they are so pricey individually, I;d be willing to pay £20 for a decent quantity.

Original Poster

barneydog;1803757

There are different sizes of Edison screw fittings (by that I mean the … There are different sizes of Edison screw fittings (by that I mean the size of the screw itself), what size do you need?Are ]these any good or are they too expensive?

Yeah but I've managed to blow a few of the Ikea ones in a chandelier (no, not on a dimmer before you assume that) so looking for replacements for it and other lights.

schizoboy;1803866

There four main types of bulb connections:.

LOL, but you still haven't said what kind you want!

Asda have some mini-screw ones £1.34 for 9W or £1.97 for 11W

Original Poster

I did in my 1st one, small edisons, power range: 4-15w+ preferably, two squid ain't bad...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047167
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder44
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767405
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7221362

See more discussions