Where can I get Hi-Def media for my Western Digital HD Media Player?

12 replies
Found 1st Jan 2009
I've not got SKY-HD or idea how I can get hi-def films to watch with my new meda player. I've got plenty of films on my HDD, but the're all standard definition. Can anyone help me with this please?

12 Comments

Original Poster

[SIZE="2"]This is the media player I'm on about in case it helps...[/SIZE]
hotukdeals.com/ite…540

legally?

Original Poster

Preferably, but not absolutely.

Don't see how you're going to get films legally to play on this, you may as well buy a Blu-Ray player.

It does look like it supports mkv file format though, which is what HD illegal downloads are often in (at least that's what I was told:whistling:), as where to get them, probably best not to post on here.

Actually, TV programmes in HD, which are mkv hd format look stunning when played on the xbox to a 42" TV, so would probably look good on this too.

Banned

Usenet

You could get some HD film trailers from the playstation store...
store.playstation.com

Original Poster

I found a sample page at Microsoft, but I can't download any as my security settings are blocking it and I don't know how to change it. I'll get one of my mates to download it I think.
microsoft.com/win…spx

Original Poster

I've got a bluray player, I just want to try out the WD media player with HD media.

windhoek;3919041

I've got a bluray player, I just want to try out the WD media player with … I've got a bluray player, I just want to try out the WD media player with HD media.

If it is just a case of testing, then take a blu ray disc (hopefully you got a blu ray rom player in your pc), copy some *.m2ts files from the STREAM folder, and it should play in the WDTV. Faililng that, you have little alternative but to start learning about downloading from usenet, which, by the way, usually requires a subscription fee. Google for "usenet" and "binaries" to find out more.

I don't think they allow piracy talk on here.

So you should definitely not get a hold of a rapidshare account as Utorrent takes ages on mutigig files. Then you should not go to the forum Rapidlinks.co.uk and look in the movies section for HD movies or do a TV search for HD episodes. Then after not downloading all the parts you shouldn't use software called 7zip to unpack it all as one file. :whistling:

or
highdefforum.com/hig…tml

Original Poster

[SIZE="2"]Would you believe it? The CD ROM that came with the media player had 3 HD samples on it :w00t:[/SIZE]

windhoek;3918998

I found a sample page at Microsoft, but I can't download any as my … I found a sample page at Microsoft, but I can't download any as my security settings are blocking it and I don't know how to change it. I'll get one of my mates to download it I think.http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx

Did you get to try any of these? They are the first HD videos I watched on my HD TV through the xbox. Certainly gives a good demonstration of HD although not very exciting clips.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions