Where can i get "L" brackets (?) to stop picture frames bowing...

Found 25th May
So with some Ikea frames they have little "L" shaped brackets - one side has a ring jagged metal to bang into the cardboard/thin mdf backing and the other part screws into the frame. Not only does it hold the backing in, it also keeps the frame from bowing as there's four of them - one on each frame side.

Where can I buy something like this as I have other picture frames (and older ikea ones) that don't have these brackets and are sagging/bowing.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
How about wilko
Something like DealMux 35mm x 35mm Brace Brackets Picture Photo Frame L Shape Repair Plates 20 Sets amazon.co.uk/dp/…BX6
Not sure what your after. Maybe Here
cmdr_elito10 m ago

Something like DealMux 35mm x 35mm Brace Brackets Picture Photo Frame L …Something like DealMux 35mm x 35mm Brace Brackets Picture Photo Frame L Shape Repair Plates 20 Sets https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072K7X229/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rUfcBb3BFEBX6

Thanks but not the right shape - one spiky side bangs into the backing and the other side sticks up at a right angle to screw into the frame. For a long time Ikea just had the little black bits of metal you bent up and down to get into the frame, but now they've added these L brackets too (the big black one in this picture) - that's what I'm trying to buy more of.
33859356-Va0Nv.jpg
Have you a picture framer nearby? They might have some
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 25th May
Corner Brace, STARVAST 50pcs Stainless Steel 90 Degree Right Angle Corner Bracket-20mm x 20mm x 16mm L Shaped Furniture Fastener Corner Brace Joint Corner Connector (Sliver) amazon.co.uk/dp/…6TB
Had this bowing problem in the past with large pictures. I used small wooden beading cut into 1" lengths and screwed them to the inside of the frame, does the same job.
Thanks for the links guys. I’ve looked at those types of brackets and the issue is that the backing board for the picture frame is too thin to screw anything into (hence needing the spiky studs you hammer in on one side and screw to go into the frame on the other). I might just have to try and get Ikea to give me them as spare parts each time I go there
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions