Where can I sell a bottle of Vintage Port?

Found 15th Jun
I've got a bottle of Taylor's 1977 Vintage Port that I'd rather sell than drink. Can't find anywhere that I can sell it.

The following sites won't let me:

* eBay
* Gumtree
* Facebook

I have to be licensed to sell alcohol - I've one bottle not a cellar full...

Looking to get retail price not rock-bottom trade price (I'd drink it if that's the only choice).

Ideas anyone? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Try whisky-onlineauctions.com/ they are valuers and auctioneers. I used them last year to sell some 1970's cognac and they were very effective.
I was going to suggest chucking it into a boeuf bourguignon, but googled what they are going for. So try the above link.
i sold some bottles through Christie's,quite suprised what even corked stuff went for
I'll give whisky-online a go later as they want picture of the bottle. Appreciate the help and chuckled at DKLS comment! Cheers!
Looks like shops selling them for £155, not sure I’d pay that for port, even a good one.
cmdr_elito2 h, 1 m ago

Looks like shops selling them for £155, not sure I’d pay that for port, ev …Looks like shops selling them for £155, not sure I’d pay that for port, even a good one.

Tbh nor would I, but I'm sure there's enough ppl out there with deeper pockets who are happy to.
You want retail price?

Like many things, port needs to be properly kept to maintain character. A buyer paying retail will want assurances as to cellaring and the moment they take the seal off, they will be able to tell if the description is true.

If I wanted a '77 for retail money, I would go to a good merchant, not eScam/FB. Be prepared to sell for less. 50% of what you see on retail sites.
i got Twenty quid with your name on 😻
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants