Where can I test headphones?

Found 2nd Jul
I am looking to buy my first pair of quality headphones and am wanting to test them beforehand - Sennheiser HD 600 is probably one of my top choices to try.

Is HMV headphone trying still a thing?

Live in the North East if it matters.
Community Updates
AskAudio & Hi-Fi
7 Comments
go to a proper audio shop. checking headphones in a busy store? might as well buy pound land headphones
If you have a richer sounds nearby they often have a soundproofed room where you can test speakers etc. I assume they would do the same for headphones, but might be worth giving your nearest store a call before going just in case.
You can’t test in ear headphones, it’s unhygienic. You can test over ear headphones in HMV. I usually just do some research and read reviews on sound quality, low, middle and high end base.
You could ask Sennheiser UK and see if there are any electrical shows close to you in the next couple of months that they're going to.
jayonline853 h, 39 m ago

You can’t test in ear headphones, it’s unhygienic. You can test over ear he …You can’t test in ear headphones, it’s unhygienic. You can test over ear headphones in HMV. I usually just do some research and read reviews on sound quality, low, middle and high end base.

@OP. Do you have any headphones at the moment. If so, which ones?
Edited by: "rev6" 2nd Jul
rev62nd Jul

@OP. Do you have any headphones at the moment. If so, which ones?

I didn't have any working headphones but ended up buying a pair of beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 250 Ohm Hi-Fi- Headphone from Amazon, £140 new but I paid £113 for a damaged box.

Not overly impressed tbh.

I bought an amp to go with them and they're not what I would expect for over £100!
Curry’s
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions