Groups

Where can we fly for a day trip?

Just for the hell of it I thought me and my mate should get on a plane fly to area with duty free fags, stock up and then come back the same day.

Cheapest and best options please.

27 Comments

Banned

La Touche, France

from Lydd Airport Kent for under £50 return every 90mins or so
    lydd-airport.co.uk/

From Dover foot passenger £5 to Calais.... picked up by free mini bus and taken to Belgium buy fags and mini bus back to Calais.
    The guy wont let you stay he picks up and return free enough time for fags and snack only. So you stay in Calais rest of day.
    Belgium is 25% cheaper than France.

ireland - get a cheapie from ryan air - etc:thumbsup:

and you dont need a passport!!!

If you fancy spain you can generally get a return trip from many airports but it makes it a long day. Ive done this from bristol and exeter a few times. Works out This time off the year it will probable be more. We used to go to Santandar and stay overnight. Flying from Stanstead. That worked out £50 for the flight. Bear in mind the prices have gone up a bit! Especially if you are doing this to "earn" a few quid!

Might help if you state where youre flying from.

Original Poster

Gatwick or Lydd.

Krakow, it's a 3 hour or so flight but fags are somehting like £20 for 200, drink is dirt cheap aswell....

It also depends on when you're flying, obviously if you book far enough in advance the flights will be cheaper and will make it more worht your while...

If you have alot of Money...Space !!!

Original Poster

Where in space, its so big and I hear there is very little atmosphere, not like Ibiza.

krakow is your best shout-france/spain/italy-you have no chance of cheap fags m8-they are actually dearer for some brands in french duty free shops! since the euro exchange rate collapsed its not really a money maker to buy a batch of ciggies except krakow or bulgaria.

even belgium is too dear now.

Banned

diabeticguy;6048109

Gatwick or Lydd.

cheap flights, cheap duty frees = ALICANTE from LGW :thumbsup:

about £60 from ryanair in september

my mate goes every fortnight and stocks up to the max :w00t:

Kabul

Banned

diabeticguy;6048109

Gatwick or Lydd.

I think ????your Avatar gave it away ?????thats why I put Lydd:whistling:
    Good deal on at present.

Banned

holly100;6048022

ireland - get a cheapie from ryan air - etc:thumbsup:and you dont need a … ireland - get a cheapie from ryan air - etc:thumbsup:and you dont need a passport!!!

OP wants cheap duty frees :thumbsup:

Remember that it isn't possible to get the same plane back, so you need to make sure that you can book a later return flight.

The Channel Islands are the nearest place offering duty free, get a flight to Jersey from Gatwick.

Banned

pugw$sh;6048588

The Channel Islands are the nearest place offering duty free, get a … The Channel Islands are the nearest place offering duty free, get a flight to Jersey from Gatwick.

but arent they still mega expensive compared to spain?

£2.50 per pack of B&H

£4.50 for golden virginia

£6 for a litre bottle of smirnoff vodka

diabeticguy;6048187

Where in space, its so big and I hear there is very little atmosphere, … Where in space, its so big and I hear there is very little atmosphere, not like Ibiza.

Haha nice fast witty reply!

pugw$sh;6048588

The Channel Islands are the nearest place offering duty free, get a … The Channel Islands are the nearest place offering duty free, get a flight to Jersey from Gatwick.

Only 200 ciggies per passenger in the Channel Islands, they are Non EU.

So hardly worth the bother.

Girona Barcelona from Stansted but do it on a tuesday or wednesday not in school holidays is best bet flying Ryanair - trust me :-D

EDIT - you can also do Madrid in a day from Stansted but wait until prices decrease. Their is a tobacconist just outside the Airport that sells everything if you don't want to take the Metro into the city :thumbsup:

csiman;6048698

but arent they still mega expensive compared to spain?£2.50 per pack of … but arent they still mega expensive compared to spain?£2.50 per pack of B&H£4.50 for golden virginia

You obviously havn't been to Spain recently...;-)

Prices have rocketed in recent months.

Inactive;6048904

You obviously havn't been to Spain recently...;-)Prices have rocketed in … You obviously havn't been to Spain recently...;-)Prices have rocketed in recent months.

Prices had been reduced back down to 35 Euro for 10x 50g Golden Virginia in May . Not sure if they have gone up since then.

Belgium have also reduced their baccy .

day-tripper.net/tob…tml

Banned

Inactive;6048904

You obviously havn't been to Spain recently...;-)Prices have rocketed in … You obviously havn't been to Spain recently...;-)Prices have rocketed in recent months.

went in april and that was the prices then. My mate still goes regularly to alicante but did tell me that they have a massive difference in pricing for each region, unlike the uk.

e.g. barcelona duty frees are mega expensive.

still sells baccy at £6.50 and fags at £32 per sleeve so they must be cheaper than that

csiman;6048968

went in april and that was the prices then. My mate still goes regularly … went in april and that was the prices then. My mate still goes regularly to alicante but did tell me that they have a massive difference in pricing for each region, unlike the uk. e.g. barcelona duty frees are mega expensive.still sells baccy at £6.50 and fags at £32 per sleeve so they must be cheaper than that

I have been in June, also to Alicante, that was when they imposed the new price increases.

Your friend is wrong, all registered Tabacs in Spain ( excluding the Canary Islands ) have a fixed price set by the government, only normal shops and so called duty free charge more.

GV was 48.50 Euro's per 10 pack. in June..

darren9030;6048949

Prices had been reduced back down to 35 Euro for 10x 50g Golden Virginia … Prices had been reduced back down to 35 Euro for 10x 50g Golden Virginia in May . Not sure if they have gone up since then.

Correct, they have since gone up to 48.50 Euro's in June.

Banned

Inactive;6049109

I have been in June, also to Alicante, that was when they imposed the new … I have been in June, also to Alicante, that was when they imposed the new price increases.Your friend is wrong, all registered Tabacs in Spain ( excluding the Canary Islands ) have a fixed price set by the government, only normal shops and so called duty free charge more.GV was 48.50 Euro's per 10 pack. in June..

fair enough but she still operates and claims a good £300 per week profit

48.50 Euro's per 10 pack = about £4 per pack so 65% markup is good in my book. She does bring back a suitcase load every time. Nobody I know goes near UK bought these days.

Banned

pugw$sh;6048588

France from Kent nearer:p

RUDOLF;6047996

La Touche, France from Lydd Airport Kent for under £50 return every … La Touche, France from Lydd Airport Kent for under £50 return every 90mins or sohttp://www.lydd-airport.co.uk/

Is that the airport that has/used to have the piano bar at the weekend with the really dodgy piano player that was sooooo bad it was almost good?

Sounds a good idea for a france trip but prob not for duty frees if price watching as possibly better deals in eastern europe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.55
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial914
      3. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​47
      4. word association Game72744173

See more discussions