where can we go for a romantic weekend?

So we have a weekend free of kids and dogs for the first time in 11years from the 25th to 27th of this moneth and would really love to do something special! We were going to do Amsterdam but the flights and hotel are over £500 alone without food drinks ect so thinking maybe stay in the uk, we are in Midlands but dont mind a couple of hour drive to the right place. We would like a nice hotel maybe spa facilities, somewhere with something to do in the day and some nightlife would be good any ideas??

12 Comments

Try Dublin, cheap flights from all round and then there is the Irish hospitality ... I love it!

Bedroom for the whole 2 days and done move!:p

jellybaby22;6251176

not my idea of romance..... that would be him staying at home and me … not my idea of romance..... that would be him staying at home and me going away on my own :w00t:

hahah not even if you cover the bed in rose petals, champers on tap, with stawberries and cream..............

rome

get an squeezyjet or brianair flight - hotels are cheap enough if you shop around.

How about Bremen in Germany. It's a lovely city & 2 return flights if you travel with hand luggage only are under £100 leaving from Stansted on the dates of your choice :
Going Out From London Stansted - Bremen
« Previous Day Next Day »
Select A Flight

Going Out

Free Online Check in

Depart:
London Stansted 06:40

Arrive:
Bremen 09:00

2 x Adult 10.00 GBP

Fare: 10.00 GBP
Online Check-In: 0.00 GBP
Taxes / Fees: 0.00 GBP
Total Price: 10.00 GBP
Free Online Check in Adult
5.00 GBP
Fri, 25 Sep 09
FlightFR 3632 06:40 Depart
09:00 Arrive
Regular Fare Adult
9.99 GBP
Fri, 25 Sep 09
FlightFR 3776 16:15 Depart
18:35 Arrive
Regular Fare Adult
19.99 GBP
Fri, 25 Sep 09
FlightFR 3634 20:15 Depart
22:30 Arrive

Coming Back From Bremen - London Stansted
« Previous Day Next Day »
Select A Flight

Coming Back

Regular Fare

Depart:
Bremen 19:40

Arrive:
London Stansted 19:55

2 x Adult 39.98 GBP

Fare: 39.98 GBP
Online Check-In: 10.00 GBP
Taxes / Fees: 33.34 GBP
Total Price: 83.32 GBP
Regular Fare Adult
19.99 GBP
Sun, 27 Sep 09
FlightFR 3777 15:05 Depart
15:25 Arrive
Regular Fare Adult
19.99 GBP
Sun, 27 Sep 09
FlightFR 3633 19:40 Depart
19:55 Arrive

Carley;6251371

Yeh cos when i read romantic i immediately thought of Germany :-D

Why would it not be a romantic place?

Love Bruge for short break. Not too big, small and quiet. Really romantic. Can do Eurostar, then train. Very relaxing

Original Poster

Carley;6251371

Yeh cos when i read romantic i immediately thought of Germany :-D

LOL! No neither did I but then again I dont suppose Amsterdam is very romantic

iglimpse;6251449

Why would it not be a romantic place?Love Bruge for short break. Not too … Why would it not be a romantic place?Love Bruge for short break. Not too big, small and quiet. Really romantic. Can do Eurostar, then train. Very relaxing

Bremen has romance as does Cologne & Berlin although flights especially to Cologne will be a bit more expensive. Brugges is ok but not easy to get to unless they want to drive from Calais .

To me, a romantic place is scenic pretty, not too rowdy with good choice of good restaraunts. Being an outdoor type mountains. lakes etc

Paris has never appealed to me as a romantic place but then again, neither has London. Although there are lots of romantic things you can do there, like theatre etc.

Each to their own I suppose. Spent sometime in Germany this summer. Some really beautiful villages, can't wait to go back. Suppose we all have our own ideas of romantic places........

Try Jersey Channel islands good offers on Jersey.com £159 including 4 star hotel and travel. Mayfair is nice and so is Hotel de France, can go ferry or fly with free car hire ( just pay £7 a day for insurance over there) Whatever you choose enjoy!!

I recommend Budapest.
Simply breathtaking by night. Sights to see. Natural thermal baths to relax in and its cheap as chips in the city for most things.

Flights out and back will rock you about £50-£70pp Hand luggage only (you wouldn't need more)
and as said hotels are cheap enough if you shop around.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846092
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??77
    3. Xbox One X - (News, updates, etc)3381
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213601

See more discussions