Where can you get a decent hair clipper

Found 18th Dec 2017
Looking for a hair clipper and everyone listed on Amazon has loads of people praising it and at the same time loads of people saying it is absolutely useless.

Does anyone have a recommendation of an actual useful clipper that does the job and does not 1) overheat 2) vibrate too much 3) not cut hair 4) does not pull your hair when cutting?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
20 Comments

Happy with my moser hair clippers.. Got the classic one.. I know what your saying though.. Binned a few as rubbish. I researched and bought moser...
Edited by: "wayners" 18th Dec 2017

Original Poster

Yeah checked out the moser but again one lot of good reviews and one lot of bad.

Its stupid how can they be fantastic and rubbish at the same time.

Ive had a Wahl set for many years ( got it from Boots)

I've always gone for WAHL brand myself, you can pretty much guarantee if you get your haircut at a hairdressers that's what they will use.

I always buy their Professional products

wahlglobal.com/uni…tml

Just make sure you check the minimum Cutting Length, you can cut yourself with 0 clippers if you use them to trim necklines etc.

Edited by: "4Real2016" 18th Dec 2017

+1 for Wahl - bought a corded set from Amazon with the colour coded combs.

Original Poster

The issue is every Wahl clipper has someone saying its absolute rubbish

"Cut well first two cuts, third cut it cutting really poorly, looks like the head blades are not aligned properly. Emailed Wahl UK for replacement head, over a month and no reply. Poor service."

"I bought this clipper a few months ago to replace my 11 year old Philips, luckily I didn't throw away the Philips as I would have regretted it so much. This Wahl clipper is really not living to the status of the Wahl brand, I have only used it twice and it's vibrating a lot, it doesn't cut good, just an overall poor quality. Please note, I have only used it twice."

"This item is awful to use in every way, it's very heavy and practically rips the hair out. On closer inspection the blades don't seem to move properly. A massive disappointment as a friend recommended Wahl as they use them on their dog......don't know what the dog's opinion is though! I'm"

"Worst clippers I've ever had, and that's saying something.
They dont cut, they nip and pull your hair out, the blades dont move properly they just vibrate on top of each other. Never buy these slippers! Save your time get something else."

bowerman7 h, 29 m ago

The issue is every Wahl clipper has someone saying its absolute rubbish …The issue is every Wahl clipper has someone saying its absolute rubbish "Cut well first two cuts, third cut it cutting really poorly, looks like the head blades are not aligned properly. Emailed Wahl UK for replacement head, over a month and no reply. Poor service.""I bought this clipper a few months ago to replace my 11 year old Philips, luckily I didn't throw away the Philips as I would have regretted it so much. This Wahl clipper is really not living to the status of the Wahl brand, I have only used it twice and it's vibrating a lot, it doesn't cut good, just an overall poor quality. Please note, I have only used it twice.""This item is awful to use in every way, it's very heavy and practically rips the hair out. On closer inspection the blades don't seem to move properly. A massive disappointment as a friend recommended Wahl as they use them on their dog......don't know what the dog's opinion is though! I'm""Worst clippers I've ever had, and that's saying something.They dont cut, they nip and pull your hair out, the blades dont move properly they just vibrate on top of each other. Never buy these slippers! Save your time get something else."

If Amazon made reviews compulsory for every purchase then they might have some meaning, you have no way to know how many buyers were actually happy with their purchase and how many were unhappy, only how many of a small review sample.

In any case you have taken quotes from one of their budget models, you think they get the same quality control as the more expensive versions, manufacturing is never 100% perfect.

Buy one of the professional models on the page in the first link I put above, the ones made for professionals, not the ones made for the regular consumer with pro in the name.

They are razor sharp and will stay that way, why do you think most if not all hair dressers use them.

Original Poster

Either you have complete liars on every Wahl and every hair clipper review or there is something wrong with all of them.

So i am trying to find some clippers that don't

Overheat
vibrate
pull your hair
etc.

Here is some £89.55 clipper reviews it's not just the cheap ones.

"These clippers seem ok at the beginning but after a while they become noisey & the blade becomes very hot not recommended for a busy salon very disappointed as I always use wahl but may reconsider after this,"

"Bought these for in salon use,and they are badly adjusted as i have already cut myself ,poor clippers."

"Broken already. The screw for the arm broke and the motor sounds like it is struggling. Had my cordless super tapers for 4 years without an issue. Pretty sure the Magic Clips i received are fake. I have heard nothing from the company when i conplained."

bowerman46 m ago

Either you have complete liars on every Wahl and every hair clipper review …Either you have complete liars on every Wahl and every hair clipper review or there is something wrong with all of them.So i am trying to find some clippers that don't Overheatvibratepull your hair etc.Here is some £89.55 clipper reviews it's not just the cheap ones."These clippers seem ok at the beginning but after a while they become noisey & the blade becomes very hot not recommended for a busy salon very disappointed as I always use wahl but may reconsider after this,""Bought these for in salon use,and they are badly adjusted as i have already cut myself ,poor clippers.""Broken already. The screw for the arm broke and the motor sounds like it is struggling. Had my cordless super tapers for 4 years without an issue. Pretty sure the Magic Clips i received are fake. I have heard nothing from the company when i conplained."

The blade becomes hot, lol, it's called friction, which is a downside of living in our universe.

I told you above if they are clippers that have a cutting length of 0 they will cut you.

So that's two reviews from a couple of dumbasses.

Did you actually read the last review you posted? Super Tapers are made by WAHL, the crap pair they believed are fake.

I guess all professional hair dressers are wrong, next time you go and get a haircut ask them which brand of clippers they are using, most use WAHL Super Tapers.

Hair differs in thickness and texture and there are different engineering requirements when cutting hair short or long so it's not surprising to see mixed reviews. Not to mention that some criteria like 'not vibrate too much' is very subjective.

If you specify what length(s) you're cutting and what your hair is like then someone in a similar situation may be able to recommend you a pair that they're happy with.

Original Poster

I
EndlessWaves30 m ago

Hair differs in thickness and texture and there are different engineering …Hair differs in thickness and texture and there are different engineering requirements when cutting hair short or long so it's not surprising to see mixed reviews. Not to mention that some criteria like 'not vibrate too much' is very subjective.If you specify what length(s) you're cutting and what your hair is like then someone in a similar situation may be able to recommend you a pair that they're happy with.

I just want it to cut to grade number 1 all over that's it but do not want it pulling at my hair or breaking and falling apart etc.

EndlessWaves1 h, 8 m ago

Hair differs in thickness and texture and there are different engineering …Hair differs in thickness and texture and there are different engineering requirements when cutting hair short or long so it's not surprising to see mixed reviews. Not to mention that some criteria like 'not vibrate too much' is very subjective.If you specify what length(s) you're cutting and what your hair is like then someone in a similar situation may be able to recommend you a pair that they're happy with.

You do realise that the teeth distance on clippers is pretty much standardised across all clippers, designed for all types of human hair thickness, I very much doubt this guy has a dog in his gene pool.

Clippers on their own should only be used on one length of hair

I have some Babyliss clippers (I think), they do the job for cutting my hair, and I've never had any of the problems you describe.

If I had to buy again I think I would go for the Philips ones that have just the one guide that you adjust to cut the hair shorter or longer, it's a pain to change the combs over to cut different parts different lengths.

You have to take reviews with a pinch of salt - unless the review is very detailed.
You almost need a template for some of them, do they have thick or fine hair? How are they using it, how long do they leave it running for etc etc.

End of the day just go for one that has an overall good rating (and a good warranty).

*Edit: These are the ones I have: amazon.co.uk/BaB…ers
Edited by: "Bigfootpete" 18th Dec 2017

+1 for Wahl, The set I’ve got are 15 years old and still going strong I’ve never had the blades sharpened just make sure you oil them.

Sprograt1 h, 53 m ago

+1 for Wahl, The set I’ve got are 15 years old and still going strong I’ve …+1 for Wahl, The set I’ve got are 15 years old and still going strong I’ve never had the blades sharpened just make sure you oil them.

Yeah I have two sets, old and new, the old one is 15+ years and performance hasn't changed, no different than the new set, still razor sharp.

4Real201626 m ago

Yeah I have two sets, old and new, the old one is 15+ years and …Yeah I have two sets, old and new, the old one is 15+ years and performance hasn't changed, no different than the new set, still razor sharp.

Like you I have a old set of clippers that are 15+ years old and a newish set no older than 2 years old I must say though the old set are better built than the newer set but the new set aren't rubbish either. People complain that their clippers are blunt but forget to oil them every couple of haircuts.

Sprograt30 m ago

Like you I have a old set of clippers that are 15+ years old and a newish …Like you I have a old set of clippers that are 15+ years old and a newish set no older than 2 years old I must say though the old set are better built than the newer set but the new set aren't rubbish either. People complain that their clippers are blunt but forget to oil them every couple of haircuts.

Yeah your right there, the old set do feel more solid in the hand, they are definitely using different materials to build the new ones, I wouldn't have thought anything of it though if I didn't have the old set for comparison.

Try this
Philips Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard Trimmer for Precise Symmetrical Beards amazon.co.uk/dp/…4QJ

@BoGoF sent u a silver u havent got

sorry wasnt ignoring people ive been buzy
evening all hows the hunting going i still need that exclusive silver jumper i will swap any off my doubles

hi i have

SET
1 SILVER SILENT NIGHT
1 WHITE SILENT NIGHT only swap for SILVER JUMPER or gingebread

SET
1 SILVER REDNOSE SILVER JUMPER ONLY
1 WHITE REDNOSE

1 WHITE GINGERBREAD FOR SILVER JUMPER ONLY
5 yeti white

4 white xmas

19 white Bearded

1 white Candycane