Groups

Where did you buy your MAC from needing good Mac reseller (cheap too)

Banned
    I am looking to buy a macbook. Not sure if that is going to be a pro or not yet, looking about I see they are cheaper on amazon than apple so I have started looking about.

I have seen that some can be brought with windows 7 on as well as OSX

Where did you get yours from and how much did you save? I am after one with 500GB HDD.

6 Comments

You shouldn't worry too much about getting increased hdd size and ram when you buy it as its a lot cheaper to buy one with a smaller hard drive and less ram and then just do the upgrades yourself.

I bought a 15" ci5 mbp last night, it comes with 4 GB of Ram and apple wanted to charge an extra $400 for an additional 4GB, whereas crucial.com sell an 8GB kit for $140. I got the model with the smallest hdd (320GB) as I know i can buy a 2.5" 1TB for around £70.
    Edited by: "DVS_Dee" 22nd Nov 2010

dcx_badass

None come with Windows 7 on, you put that on afterwards.

This ^

Macs do not come with Win 7 preinstalled. If they do, it was done by the shop/person selling it.

Banned

The pedant in me can't ignore the incorrect usage of "MAC" in the title.

Use this link for discount and 3 year Applecare included - Apple education link

Urgh... don't call them MAC's.

Original Poster Banned

matt3454

Urgh... don't call them MAC's.

Why?

Original Poster Banned

master_chief

The pedant in me can't ignore the incorrect usage of "MAC" in the … The pedant in me can't ignore the incorrect usage of "MAC" in the title.Use this link for discount and 3 year Applecare included - Apple education link

Can anyone use that link mate? or do I need to be a student? I will be in January so Will I have to wait until then?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553767
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826348
      3. Royal Mil track and trace77
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814465

See more discussions