Where do I find out who owns a repossessed property?

Found 4th Jun 2011
Hi, I am wondering how I find out who owns a particular property that was repossessed by the bank recently. Is it land registry, or a bank...where do I start as I am interested in the house as it's next to where I used to live many years ago.

I would like to find out so I can maybe approach the owners to maybe buy before it goes up for auction, if this is possible.

Any help appreciated.
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
It might not be listed in the land registry if it was repossessed recently.

Wow, that was quick...is there a charge?

whatsThePoint

land registry, you can find out online

Land Registry but if it has only been sold in the recent past, the registry record may not be up to date.
surely the bank owns it oO
All i know that it was bought by a family arou d 3 years ago and about 4 months ago they just disappeared overnight and the house was repossessed. So I presume a bank will own it, but howdy find out?
Bank owns it and as a repossession it legally needs to be marketed before a sale is agreed. Then when a sale is agreed it will continue to be marketed until contracts have exchanged. Upon accepting an offer the property will be advertised stating the agreed sale price and saying that anyone who wishes to offer more has 7 days to do so. It's tricky business picking up a repo nowadays but still some bargains to be had. Good luck.
I paid £6 i think to find out about a bit of land, or was it £3? doh
I paid £3 ages ago for a search. Price may have increased now?
aliandk

All i know that it was bought by a family arou d 3 years ago and about 4 … All i know that it was bought by a family arou d 3 years ago and about 4 months ago they just disappeared overnight and the house was repossessed. So I presume a bank will own it, but howdy find out?

Like an alien abduction?
JonnyTwoToes

Like an alien abduction?

No silly....like doing a runner as they hadn't paid the mortgage and done it during the night.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants