Where do I look when looking for a good mortgage broker?

Found 7th Mar
I’ve never bought a house and looking to get on the property ladder, I’m now looking for a mortgage broker. Are some brokers better than others? Are their any questions I should be asking them? Do I go to the bank or to a broker? Any help much appreciated.
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
8 Comments
Worth checking here for advice.

I wouldn't bother with a broker, you should be able to find a decent mortgage with a bit of research, building societies tend to have the better rates. But you need to decide whether you want a short term fixed rate mortgage at a lower rate or a longer term fixed for a slighter higher rate.
You generally go for the longer term if you think the current base rate will rise.

Make sure you read what fees they charge - I prefer to go for the fee free mortgages, because it works out cheaper by changing mortgage providers when the term is up.
Many estate agents offer free financial advise.
Pacitti Jones are one of they are offer this service which is apparently were helpful.
Good luck!
I have used broker four times and and each time I was offered a deal that was not available direct. All four applications completed fine. So I would recommend.
GlasgowPTFC3 h, 37 m ago

Many estate agents offer free financial advise.Pacitti Jones are one of …Many estate agents offer free financial advise.Pacitti Jones are one of they are offer this service which is apparently were helpful.Good luck!

Many estate agents offer free financial advice? With vested interest?
Edited by: "LemonHead" 7th Mar
There was a time when you needed a broker but with the tinternet you can find the best deals yourself. You could find a broker could get you a deal as sometimes they will get better deals but 99.9% of the time it’s cheaper to do it yourself. Check the financial websites for best buys.
A broker will get you a good deal and help fill in all the paperwork correctly but you can easily do this on your own too directly with the banks or building societies!
Good for non-retail rates that are not available direct or if your self employed.
yes some brokers will be better than others
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 8th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants