EXPIRED

Where do i stand?

So im due an upgrade on my mobile contract.
I've been with T-Mobile for over 10 years. Now, my current plan is unlimited everything for £18 per month with a phone.
I've rang for an upgrade and they are saying i'm not allowed to keep this deal. (Im not too happy about this)
However, they are offering some decent deals for a Samsung Galaxy S5 for £20 pm.

Now where do i stand about keeping the current deal im on?

13 Comments

Why not just buy a new phone sim free, that way you should beable to keep your tariff.

lonegunman01

Why not just buy a new phone sim free, that way you should beable to keep … Why not just buy a new phone sim free, that way you should beable to keep your tariff.

^ This.

We had a similar situation, one of the phones in the house has a '24/7 free landline calls' add on and no one does it anymore, as it is years old, so we just got a sim free phone when the old one broke.

Edited by: "Likely2" 14th Dec 2014

The reason you wouldn't be able to keep the plan is because it doesn't exist anymore, if you didn't upgrade and bought a a new phone like suggested above you could keep the plan your currently on, however by the sounds of it the plan you are currently on seems like it's been heavily subsidised with some kind of discount and most discounts due have an expiry date. It would be worth checking that out firstly as the last thing you want is to receive a higher bill then expected because your discount has expired. So if you decide to keep the current plan firstly check it will remain that price, but to be honest 20pm for an s5 is a fantastic price maybe worth looking into your actual usage to see whether you do really need unlimited everything. Hope that helps

buy a Sim free. keep the tariff

yeah, the £20/month deal for the S5 is great and possibly includes a sweetener to get you off the deal.

Unlimited sometimes isn't as good as it sounds if your usage is low or other better deals come around, for example if you have unlimited calls but only 1gb of data, you may be restricted in internet usage and not get much use for the calls.

I remember Mercury one2one used to do a free evenings and weekends landlines tariff that they eventually tried to buy back. I knew a guy who called his own landline for several hours a night to tempt them into an offer. Now that deal isn't great value as landline calls are dirt cheap, and most people call mobiles/peak time which are really expensive on that tariff

Unfortunately when you're out of contract, it also means the network are out of contract too. They are also no longer obliged to offer you that deal, and you're not obliged to stay with them.

When you say unlimited everything - does that include data? If so sounds like a pretty good deal.

You don't say when you got this plan - if it does then just buy a phone sim free, you can keep the contract as long as you like.

Banned

On ya 2 feet

Original Poster

Bigfootpete

When you say unlimited everything - does that include data? If so sounds … When you say unlimited everything - does that include data? If so sounds like a pretty good deal.You don't say when you got this plan - if it does then just buy a phone sim free, you can keep the contract as long as you like.

Yes it was with data. I ended up upgrading today. Don't really fancy forking out £400-£500 on a new phone upfront.

Original Poster

Rab88

Unfortunately when you're out of contract, it also means the network are … Unfortunately when you're out of contract, it also means the network are out of contract too. They are also no longer obliged to offer you that deal, and you're not obliged to stay with them.

They said the deal i had, had a 50% employee discount and since im moving over to EE they'll give me a 40% discount.
I managed to get the iPhone 6 with Unlimited Texts and Calls 2gb of data for £24 per month and a £10 upfront cost.

Original Poster

DennisG

yeah, the £20/month deal for the S5 is great and possibly includes a … yeah, the £20/month deal for the S5 is great and possibly includes a sweetener to get you off the deal.Unlimited sometimes isn't as good as it sounds if your usage is low or other better deals come around, for example if you have unlimited calls but only 1gb of data, you may be restricted in internet usage and not get much use for the calls.I remember Mercury one2one used to do a free evenings and weekends landlines tariff that they eventually tried to buy back. I knew a guy who called his own landline for several hours a night to tempt them into an offer. Now that deal isn't great value as landline calls are dirt cheap, and most people call mobiles/peak time which are really expensive on that tariff

My wife had a deal with T-Mobile were after 6pm landline and mobile calls were free. So she used to ring my number and leave the phone going for hours at night. T-mobile actually tried to buy us out of the contract in the end.
I ended up getting the iPhone 6 with Unlimited Texts and Calls 2gb of data for £24 per month and a £10 upfront cost.

same boat in February, the deal is called a tmobile full monty unlimited everything,now 4g has rolled out the dsta charge is back for us sll again

My Tmobile line was due for renewal last month, They gave me UNL calls UNL Texts, 10gb data and free 0800 numbers. for £14 a month. Worth considering if you use less than 10gb and want 4g speed.

Otherwise i would stay on the tariff you are on, mine was the same as yours but £16 a month. I even had a free nexus 7 when i took the contract out. Now price has increased and theres no freebies for renewing.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Car Leasing Deals (Audi, Golf or Scirocco)11
    2. Electricity11
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    4. Which Camera?!!!22

See more discussions