Groups

Where do i stand with this (ebay related)

I bought a bundle of 6 steam games (activation codes) from a seller on ebay one of which turned out to be a starcraft trial, however in the listing it wasnt mentioned that it was a trial version of the game.

this was a big part in me buying the bundle as i wanted to see what the fuss was about over the game but if i was parting with cash to find out i didnt want it to only be a demo.

so i messaged the seller and all he could offer me was a £5 refund, or a choice of either alien v predator or just cause 2 steam code. thing is those 2 games were part of the bundle of 6 i had allready bought off him so were of no use to me.

is it wrong of me in asking him for a full copy of star craft instead of accepting the £5 refund which i thought was unacceptable. i have a case open and its nearing the point where i am able to escalate it since me nor the seller can come to an arrangement over how to resolve it.

6 Comments

Should have just taken the refund :\

I would look at the buyer protection, and exceptions on ebay before you escalate, certain 'intellectual properties' etc are not covered.

info here

Maybe graciously accept the refund?
    Edited by: "silkymolo" 13th Sep 2010

Banned

depends how much you paid for the bundle and how much starcraft is to purchase now

He said it was a trial in the listing then you clearly have no leg to stand on. Should just take the original £5 offer.

Banned

Adam2050

He said it was a trial in the listing then you clearly have no leg to … He said it was a trial in the listing then you clearly have no leg to stand on. Should just take the original £5 offer.

glasses on son?

"however in the listing it wasnt mentioned that it was a trial version of the game. "

csiman

glasses on son? "however in the listing it wasnt mentioned that it was a … glasses on son? "however in the listing it wasnt mentioned that it was a trial version of the game. "

Whoopsie.

:O
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions