Found 18th Mar 2010
Last April i had to book 6 holidays, I only work 1 day a week as I have to work around children and husbands full time job.
So the 6 holidays worked out at the weekend off. I booked my last of the 6th for the 20th Feb.

I am getting paid tomorrow and my bank says I am getting £50 less than normal month which means I am not getting paid for that holiday.

I know im entitled to it as last months pay slip says 1 holiday remaining. When they figure they owe me this £50 they say they will put it onto next months pay.

Am I entitled to stand my ground and ask for it this month? I know to some it may not be much, but its my DD party beginning of April so it all helps x

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

my other half has this issue all the time with her work 'forgetting' to put holiday pay on payslips etc. im pretty sure that you should be able to ask for it now. the only problem is that your company has deducted tax and NI from your payslip this month. this is prob the reason for them carrying it over to next month.

id deffo speak to them and ask for a cheque to cover it this month, but then state to include on next months payslip, but not pay you the 50 if you get me??

sorry its the best i can help....

if its their fault ask them to send it via bacs ASAP, if they wont and insist in paying you next month tell them that you will go overdrawn and that you will be seeking them to pay the overdraft fees. might just swing it my old firm used to give a cash for a cheque and then let you buy the check back off of them next month when they paid the missing money back the next month.

Banned

Tesco can afford it.

Tell them to give it you now :thumbsup:

You don't get paid a couple of week in advance, Sainsburys used to do this when I was a teenager, would pay me 2 weeks into next month or month behind so I wouldn't see certain things on certain days.

Original Poster

lanc_red;8137549

my other half has this issue all the time with her work 'forgetting' to … my other half has this issue all the time with her work 'forgetting' to put holiday pay on payslips etc. im pretty sure that you should be able to ask for it now. the only problem is that your company has deducted tax and NI from your payslip this month. this is prob the reason for them carrying it over to next month.id deffo speak to them and ask for a cheque to cover it this month, but then state to include on next months payslip, but not pay you the 50 if you get me??sorry its the best i can help....

im quite lucky, i dont earn enough to pay tax nor national insurance, so what I earn goes in my pocket. I have a feeling they will try and fob me off, but they made me take this holiday!
When tey come back and hopefully say they are wrong I will try and get it this month. Thank you

Original Poster

Adam2050;8137565

You don't get paid a couple of week in advance, Sainsburys used to do … You don't get paid a couple of week in advance, Sainsburys used to do this when I was a teenager, would pay me 2 weeks into next month or month behind so I wouldn't see certain things on certain days.

Yes we get paid a week and a half one way. But the holiday was 20th Feb and will definatly be within this pay pack, My husband says im too soft and should demand for them to sort it today.
But what can I do when they say wait lol

beth3735;8137569

im quite lucky, i dont earn enough to pay tax nor national insurance, so … im quite lucky, i dont earn enough to pay tax nor national insurance, so what I earn goes in my pocket. I have a feeling they will try and fob me off, but they made me take this holiday!When tey come back and hopefully say they are wrong I will try and get it this month. Thank you

yeh did think that aswell, no brainer then. they simply owe you the £50. get a cheque off them & ask them to put it onto next months payslip but only pay you the amount minus the 50.

Depends how close the mangement staff are they can be funny people. (not in the good sense)

Original Poster

Thank you all Hopefully on Saturday they will admit their mistake and I will then go about trying to get the money this side of April x

beth3735;8137648

Thank you all Hopefully on Saturday they will admit their mistake and … Thank you all Hopefully on Saturday they will admit their mistake and I will then go about trying to get the money this side of April x

Be polite but firm - they owe you the money this month not next. I suspect it is less work for those concerned to let it through next month rather than correct this month so they may need a little push to get them to do anything.

Dave
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415482
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604843
    3. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2040
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769645

See more discussions