Groups

Where do you buy your kids school uniform?

Need to get sorted for kids starting school in 14 days!

My daughter is going into P2 so did do it all last year but just went to M&S for most and it did all last well and many items still in perfect condition if only they fit! Anyway got my youngest going this year too so twice the cost!

Any stores you would say are good for uniform and polos. I got polo shirts last year from Asda/Tesco and they didnt wash well, a bit mishapen etc even just after a couple washes. They were cheap though but I would have happily paid more if I knew they were going to look and wear better!

Thanks for any thoughts!

19 Comments

Debenhams ...they just had a 20% sale too not sure if it's still on but i got my 2 kids 2 of everything they need for £72.50

If your asda uniform didn't wash up well you should have taken it bk - their uniform is meant to look new for 100 days I think it is? Mine normally wash up well .. Use asda and sainsburys

we found M&S didn't wash well, its worth keeping an eye on the Next website for their clearance, their trousers are very good, nothing wrong with Asda polo shirts

asda for price and 100 day promise of looking new

I get all my kids uniform from sainsburys when they have the 25% off which will be around the August Bank holiday now. bought everything back in may so just need to get the logo stuff from the uniform shop now.

Is your child school registered to Tesco Embroidery where they have you're child's school badge on items they wash well and are cheaper than the school embroider shops good luck it is expensive time of the year

sainsburys is amazing. And I think they have money off coming soon. I bought ours at last 20% off event. However I go to next for my sons trousers as he needs slim fitting

+1 for Sainsburys - their clothes seem so much better quality than the other supermarkets.

Are they going back in 14 days? Thought they didn't go back till September! Hope you get sorted!

Edited by: "LJM" 3rd Aug 2016

Original Poster

LJM

Are they going back in 14 days? Thought they didn't go ba

In Scotland, most schools go back 15th-17th August! Boo!

I also vote for Sainsburys. I got uniform last year and it all lasted well . Also worth keeping in mind that just after the English schools go back my local Sainsburys usually reduces all their school uniform to £1 or £2. I think its only the stores that don't sell uniform all year round. My kids go back in 2 weeks too

I get mine from sainsburys too love the trousers and polo shirts just waiting for the 25% off

I managed to get mine from Aldi, this time. After years of trying to get stains out of posh blouses, shirts, polo shirts, I finally gave up!!!!! 2 polo shirts/shirts/blouses for under £2....I've bought a shed loads...Probably won't last as long, but have plenty of CLEAN spares!!!!

Bought shoes from Aldi, found them to be most hardwearing / scuff resistant / didn't burst quickly. Pinafores from Aldi, shirts and gym shoes from Asda and shorts from m&s. Plus points with Asda, you can order it online and have it delivered to the store if it's not in stock, or you can't be bothered with the fight in the crowds during the last week. Good luck!

Another vote for Sainsbury, they are having their 25% off starting 16th .

adhkarzf

I get all my kids uniform from sainsburys when they have the 25% off … I get all my kids uniform from sainsburys when they have the 25% off which will be around the August Bank holiday now. bought everything back in may so just need to get the logo stuff from the uniform shop now.

​Same here (well my wife (the organised one) does anyway).

Banned

Directly from the school.

leewilson338

sainsburys is amazing. And I think they have money off coming soon. I … sainsburys is amazing. And I think they have money off coming soon. I bought ours at last 20% off event. However I go to next for my sons trousers as he needs slim fitting

​sainsburys do slim fitting too depending on size I think they only do on the older children's clothes as I get it for my 14 year old.

Original Poster

Got a few things from Sainsburys yesterday. Their polo shirts are HUGE! I picked up a pack of age 5 polos for my son who is 5 in November and they were too big even for my 6.5 yr old, probably fine for an 8 yr old!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…44
      2. Which Pond Pump46
      3. Music download33
      4. Advertised on Gumtree55

See more discussions