Where do you buy your router bits?

Posted 13th Jun
I've just bought myself a 1/4 collet router and I now need to buy a router bit set for it. I would like make a dado cut and also some decorative trim work to make picture frames. I don't want to spent a fortune.

Any recommendations appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Silverline offer a good beginner’s set - Silverline 792084 0.25 inch TCT Router Bit Set - 0.25 inch, 12-Piece Set amazon.co.uk/dp/…ZEG
I’ve also recently bought a router and been looking at what to buy. Check out a few of the woodwork/diy forums for more reviews. these ones come recommended on many of the forums. As you want to do rails and picture frames then a generic set won’t have what you need check out the link about they have ones for picture rails etc.
I have bought a few from the Axminster own line, I think it's called axcaliber and so far I am quite happy with them
Also one piece of advice I was given is to avoid a big set and only buy bits as and when you need them.
MrWalle14/06/2020 09:25

I’ve also recently bought a router and been looking at what to buy. Check o …I’ve also recently bought a router and been looking at what to buy. Check out a few of the woodwork/diy forums for more reviews. these ones come recommended on many of the forums. As you want to do rails and picture frames then a generic set won’t have what you need check out the link about they have ones for picture rails etc.

I just had a chance to look and the prices are eye watering! WHOA! £60+ for 1 bit! That costs more than some routers lol
Post a comment
@
    Text