Where do you buy your rugs ?

Posted 26th Nov
Hi
I need a large rug and don’t know where to buy it from as always had carpets through and now laminate
Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
Feeling the cold!? Lol
Ikea, Dunhelm, B&Q, Homebase have decent ones, esp when on Sale. Best thing about these stores is you can see n feel them before purchasing.
Ikea do some great rugs at a reasonable price
ruheluddin8626/11/2019 22:31

Feeling the cold!? LolIkea, Dunhelm, B&Q, Homebase have decent ones, esp …Feeling the cold!? LolIkea, Dunhelm, B&Q, Homebase have decent ones, esp when on Sale. Best thing about these stores is you can see n feel them before purchasing.

Dunlum has some lovely once online but so far from me but gotta go and have a look at other stores and then order online as don’t drive
Thank you
andrushka26/11/2019 22:40

Have you got any from there ? Thanks

My last one was from Amazon.
My Ikea bedroom one but didn’t see any that I liked for the front room 😣
fanpages26/11/2019 22:41

My last one was from Amazon.

Saw some nice one there the problem is if it comes and it’s thin and flimsy that’s my worries
andrushka26/11/2019 22:41

My Ikea bedroom one but didn’t see any that I liked for the front room & …My Ikea bedroom one but didn’t see any that I liked for the front room 😣

A Merkin?
TK Maxx or IKEA.
they have them at the carpet shops in east london and the markets at very competitive prices, as they are very popular with the asian community. if you are located near to london then you are sorted, if not you could order for delivery. otherwise go to an asian community shopping area near to you and you will probably see a lot of them.
mutley126/11/2019 23:11

they have them at the carpet shops in east london and the markets at very …they have them at the carpet shops in east london and the markets at very competitive prices, as they are very popular with the asian community. if you are located near to london then you are sorted, if not you could order for delivery. otherwise go to an asian community shopping area near to you and you will probably see a lot of them.

I’m in London Kentish Town have no ir w where Asian community is near me ...
andrushka26/11/2019 23:19

I’m in London Kentish Town have no ir w where Asian community is near me . …I’m in London Kentish Town have no ir w where Asian community is near me ...

then you are in luck as you are in london.

go east my friend, you are north west. do you know where east london is? it is like walking round a bazaar in turkey you get very good quality rugs very cheaply and lots of choice.
Asda are good value for rugs.
100% wool from Next on sale
My personal suggestion would be to go to a carpet shop and see if you can find an end of roll piece in the size and thickness you want it. After that get them to 'whip' the edges for you.

Depending on the carpet shop it should be much cheaper than buying a ready rug and it's a more personalized experience because you choose the colour, thickness and size.

I've done this just the once because I bought it just the once and it lasted me more than 10 years. I left it when I moved house.
Edited by: "notalwaysright19" 27th Nov
Oh yeh TK MAXX and Homesense too
Edited by: "ruheluddin86" 27th Nov
Wayfair
Don't tend to get through many rugs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions