Where do you get the wooden pellets for cat litter, how much and how often?

Posted 15th Jan
What cat litter system do you have, is it efficient and clean?

We use the normal litter tray with clumping litter but cat scatters it everywhere.

looking for better and cheaper options.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
Have a look on Zooplus mate, they do all sorts

Best I''ve found is Oko Plus/Cats Best , it's a clumping litter but it doesn't track everywhere like others we've tried.
Clumps very well also so you dont waste loads.

zooplus.co.uk/sho…001

they're also really good for any/all other pet supplies so if you plan on using them I'd certainly recommend the discount club.
You'll get offered it at the end of your checkout it doesn't cost much and each time I've renewed mine it's always saveed me moneyon the order I was placing

Their points scheme is decent too
Don't use wooden pellets I'm afraid, I know it's not the cheapest but always use catsan as I find it hides the wee smell very well. Plus it's pretty easy to clean tray afterwards.
£3.50 for 10 kg in Asda
ndksamb15/01/2020 09:10

Don't use wooden pellets I'm afraid, I know it's not the cheapest but …Don't use wooden pellets I'm afraid, I know it's not the cheapest but always use catsan as I find it hides the wee smell very well. Plus it's pretty easy to clean tray afterwards.

That's bad advice because it's only your situation. My situation is the complete opposite. We had been buying catsan for approx 18 months and we just assumed we had to put up with the smell it left when wee was in it. We then got advised to try the pets at home own brand wooden pellets and we've never looked back. It doesn't smell at all anymore. I'd never go back to catsan.
Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 15th Jan
We found Catsan atrocious for tracking around the house, I was good at hiding odours tho.
We found we had to empty the tray far more than when using Oko plus/cats best.
The cheapo Asda stuff was terrible too.

The Aldi stuff was a bit better in terms of tracking and clumping but didnt hide odour as well

Trust me try the oko plus / cast best even if its one of the smaller packs
MonkeyMan9015/01/2020 09:22

That's bad advice because it's only your situation. My situation is the …That's bad advice because it's only your situation. My situation is the complete opposite. We had been buying catsan for approx 18 months and we just assumed we had to put up with the smell it left when wee was in it. We then got advised to try the pets at home own brand wooden pellets and we've never looked back. It doesn't smell at all anymore. I'd never go back to catsan.

Not really bad advice tho is it. It's my opinion, And I agree it is what works for me may not work for you(obviously)I have tried various cat litters over the years and found that that catsan works very well for odours and doesn't really leave any track marks etc and is easy to tidy up. I find the wood pellets have a funny smell and don't hold the odours very well so find you need to change more often.
J113515/01/2020 09:04

Have a look on Zooplus mate, they do all sortsBest I''ve found is Oko …Have a look on Zooplus mate, they do all sortsBest I''ve found is Oko Plus/Cats Best , it's a clumping litter but it doesn't track everywhere like others we've tried.Clumps very well also so you dont waste loads.https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter/cats_best/14001they're also really good for any/all other pet supplies so if you plan on using them I'd certainly recommend the discount club.You'll get offered it at the end of your checkout it doesn't cost much and each time I've renewed mine it's always saveed me moneyon the order I was placing Their points scheme is decent too

Also try these first on price, bitiba.co.uk/
ndksamb15/01/2020 09:10

Don't use wooden pellets I'm afraid, I know it's not the cheapest but …Don't use wooden pellets I'm afraid, I know it's not the cheapest but always use catsan as I find it hides the wee smell very well. Plus it's pretty easy to clean tray afterwards.

Why not wooden pellets, seen a few videos on youtube it seems to be doing a prettyndecent job
J113515/01/2020 09:22

We found Catsan atrocious for tracking around the house, I was good at …We found Catsan atrocious for tracking around the house, I was good at hiding odours tho.We found we had to empty the tray far more than when using Oko plus/cats best.The cheapo Asda stuff was terrible too.The Aldi stuff was a bit better in terms of tracking and clumping but didnt hide odour as wellTrust me try the oko plus / cast best even if its one of the smaller packs

I find the same, Catsan doesn't smell too bad and even with two cats we only change the tray every 10-14 days. But the cats manage to get the litter across the whole house so we need to vacuum/sweep it up.

I've not tried any other litter in years, but I do scoop into a litter locker box.
£6.99 for 30 litres from Pets at Home.

We've got 4 cats so get through a fair bit.
I use one of these with clumping litter and its the best thing I've bought for a very fussy cat and its very easy and economical with litter, I actually bought the same one from Pets at Home though amazon.co.uk/4-P…c=1
MonkeyMan9015/01/2020 09:22

That's bad advice because it's only your situation. My situation is the …That's bad advice because it's only your situation. My situation is the complete opposite. We had been buying catsan for approx 18 months and we just assumed we had to put up with the smell it left when wee was in it. We then got advised to try the pets at home own brand wooden pellets and we've never looked back. It doesn't smell at all anymore. I'd never go back to catsan.

That’s bad advice because it’s only your situation. We actually found the opposite, wooden pellets from multiple retailers, own brands etc we tried many. Ultimately we found catsan to be the most effective.
winzzz15/01/2020 11:10

That’s bad advice because it’s only your situation. We actually found the o …That’s bad advice because it’s only your situation. We actually found the opposite, wooden pellets from multiple retailers, own brands etc we tried many. Ultimately we found catsan to be the most effective.

I wasn't giving advice I was telling the poster who I replied to, my situation.
B&M wood are good ,if in stock.
I use one of those clear deep storage boxes you can get, keeps most of it in while my little darling tries to dig to china
We've used Pets at Home's wooden pellet litter for years and never had an issue with it. It comes in a big bag so it's good value for money and not too messy. My cat has got a hooded litter tray and litter tray mat which minimises scatter as well.
Edited by: "Psychobunni" 15th Jan
Usually get the 30l bags for £5.99 from pets at home
I have neighbors garden, very efficient
We used Litter Purrfect and similar imitation brands. It's like sand made with lemongrass. It costs more upfront but it works out cheaper in the long run because it lasts for ages. It clumps around your cat's business so you only have to throw away those clumps. It's really good at preventing odour too.
Pets at home wood pellets, probably the cheapest method although the price has crept up, if you want to make them go along way you can sieve them then reuse the whole ones again, you can buy a litter tray with sieve from the same shop.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions