Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Where else can we get a genuine Dyson V6 replacement battery please?

Posted 12th Dec 2019Edited by:"Bootcutboy"
Hi there we have a Dyson V6 Total Clean vacuum that is on the blink, the battery fully charged is only lasting 3 minutes and as we have a constantly moulting Basset Hound we need our hoover working.
we contacted Dyson today who quoted us £65 for a new battery with 1yr warranty but I just wondered if there are any only stores selling authentic Dyson batteries any cheaper please? With Christmas round the corner times are very tight.
thanks a lot folks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
i got one on ebay and it’s going strong a year later.
I got one from amazon. £25 so easy to connect!!
Not to be rude but have you even tried searching via Google perhaps? A simple search revealed many results. Here's just one such place:

batteryshopsussex.co.uk/pro…v6/

£39.99 + £4 P & P

I know nothing about the company above so I cannot recommend them. They do suggest that you don't compare their batteries to other inferior "copies" available.

These tools tend to have proprietary fit batteries that you can only source from the manufacturer. Hence the extortionate prices they command. However, copies are sometimes made but you cannot guarantee that they are as 'safe' as the genuine article. It will always be a risk regarding a "will-fit" substitute.

Regards, Phsy.
I got one from amazon, thanks everyone for taking time to reply
Ebay: £24.99 inc P & P. Supposed UK stock and apparently a 3yr warranty.

ebay.co.uk/itm…3vw

I hold no responsibility for the above recommendation as I have said - many 'copy' batteries can be a pale comparison to the genuine item. They are usually cheap Chinese variants and as such may not be subject to the same stringent regs and safety hardware. Check feedback from other customers and use your best judgement.
Phsycronix12/12/2019 19:32

Not to be rude but have you even tried searching via Google perhaps? A …Not to be rude but have you even tried searching via Google perhaps? A simple search revealed many results. Here's just one such place:https://batteryshopsussex.co.uk/product/dyson-battery-v6-animal-dc58-dc59-dc61-dc62-dc72-dc74-v6/£39.99 + £4 P & PI know nothing about the company above so I cannot recommend them. They do suggest that you don't compare their batteries to other inferior "copies" available.These tools tend to have proprietary fit batteries that you can only source from the manufacturer. Hence the extortionate prices they command. However, copies are sometimes made but you cannot guarantee that they are as 'safe' as the genuine article. It will always be a risk regarding a "will-fit" substitute.Regards, Phsy.

Being equally not rude: do you not realise the irony, uselessness and dubiousness of that response?
AndyRoyd12/12/2019 20:01

Being equally not rude: do you not realise the irony, uselessness and …Being equally not rude: do you not realise the irony, uselessness and dubiousness of that response?

Not really Andy, no. If you mean because I said I couldn't recommend one - I took the OP at their word. They asked if anyone might be selling "genuine" Dyson batteries cheaper but that's not usually the case. Others tend to sell spurious items at a cheaper pricepoint and I was just pointing this fact out.

I'm sorry @Bootcutboy if my input wasn't helpful to you in any way. I'll be quite honest - I'm getting quite tired now of the same people chiming in whenever you try to offer assistance. It's beginning to make me question whether it's worth the bother...
Now now folks, no need for any arguing, I am sorted now thanks as I got one from Amazon, and as I said I really appreciate people taking the time to read my post and to offer their advice!
Phsycronix12/12/2019 20:08

Not really Andy, no. If you mean because I said I couldn't recommend one - …Not really Andy, no. If you mean because I said I couldn't recommend one - I took the OP at their word. They asked if anyone might be selling "genuine" Dyson batteries cheaper but that's not usually the case. Others tend to sell spurious items at a cheaper pricepoint and I was just pointing this fact out.I'm sorry @Bootcutboy if my input wasn't helpful to you in any way. I'll be quite honest - I'm getting quite tired now of the same people chiming in whenever you try to offer assistance. It's beginning to make me question whether it's worth the bother...

Nobody is suggesting you were not attempting to assist, but the suggestion to check Google to find what the OP requested clearly didn't return any results for you either, which is kinda ironic. So you suggested a non-genuine item, where the suggested supplier of the non-genuine has no formal (traceable) contact details, so is a high risk of being a scam site; even the little tell-tale signs of the site's social media buttons going nowhere would ring alarm bells for most peeps.
I'm sure in hindsight you may appreciate what I mean, with zero malice from me.
Bootcutboy12/12/2019 20:12

Now now folks, no need for any arguing, I am sorted now thanks as I got …Now now folks, no need for any arguing, I am sorted now thanks as I got one from Amazon, and as I said I really appreciate people taking the time to read my post and to offer their advice!

I'm certainly not arguing BCB. I'm glad you got sorted, to be fair. Did you manage to get a genuine replacement from Amazon?

I didn't want you to take offence at my comment so started it as I did as I felt beginning with "Have you even tried searching Google?" sounded quite derogatory. There was no 'irony' intended. I genuinely wanted you to feel like I wasn't being rude. I certainly hope you took it that way.

All the best, Phsy.
Na no offence taken whatsoever, I didn't get a genuine replacement in the end but I got one with a lot of very very good reviews and a 1yr warranty for about £40 so I am happy, and £25 better off.
Thanks a lot
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants