Where has Wakefield Freddies discount store moved to?

Posted 4th May
I used to pop in now and again to Freddies with a big yellow sign in Wakefield which sometimes had some right bargains.

But it has now disappeared ,it used to be next to Peter Jones opp the british heart foundation.

Does anyone know whether it has been renamed and moved?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Had a look, is there one at 'The Princess Of Wales Precinct, Dews, Wakefield, WF13 1NH' ?

There appears to be one opposite Poundland/WHSmith there?
Re "Freddies" in Dewsbury, Prince of Wales Precinct
THAT store went a good while ago too...
-not sure who Freddie is or was, but was staffed by different people every time I went in, was a store with occasional items of interest, appeared to sell off ex other stores goods, I saw B&M, M&S, Asda...usually marker penned out, but you could tell..
renoman5 m ago

Re "Freddies" in Dewsbury, Prince of Wales Precinct THAT store went a good …Re "Freddies" in Dewsbury, Prince of Wales Precinct THAT store went a good while ago too...-not sure who Freddie is or was, but was staffed by different people every time I went in, was a store with occasional items of interest, appeared to sell off ex other stores goods, I saw B&M, M&S, Asda...usually marker penned out, but you could tell..

If that store closed and OPs store is not there, I think it's safe to say that the company is gone.
Thanks for the feedback. The one in Wakey was a hit and miss shop. The best bargain I got was a pair of digital scales for 4 quid, but this was back in the day before I had heard of hkud
I think there's one still in bradford. It's called honest freddies though and there was a big kerfuffle about its sign about a year ago.
Friedies was dead next to Peter Jones. I walked in and thought wtf is this.
Previously at the old unit I bought some George socks for £1 a pack and still got 2 new packs left.

That shop is always moving.
I'm surprised you asked on her

Do you have Facebook? Look on a page called " you know you have lived in wakefield when" .
Its pretty good and offers lots of local news/questions by members.
Misslovely14 h, 7 m ago

Friedies was dead next to Peter Jones. I walked in and thought wtf is …Friedies was dead next to Peter Jones. I walked in and thought wtf is this. Previously at the old unit I bought some George socks for £1 a pack and still got 2 new packs left. That shop is always moving. I'm surprised you asked on her Do you have Facebook? Look on a page called " you know you have lived in wakefield when" . Its pretty good and offers lots of local news/questions by members.

Thanks for info, I thought I would try here as thought fellow bargain hunters may know
Edited by: "Pennywise999" 5th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions