where I can find Inspiron 15 5567 Drivers

Found 1st May 2017
hello,

I am looking to downgrade (fresh installation for windows 7) on my Inspiron 15 5567, but I am really surprised there are no windows 7 drivers available can anyone help me on this, also does any else notice very slow performance.

I have replaced this i5 7th generation to get better speed but it's slower than my last dell i5 4th generation, the laptop doesn't look sturdy compared to my last one.

14 Comments

firstly, do you know how to downgrade from 10 to 7 mate ? you will need to change your bios settings to install windows 7.
if you are confident you know how to install it then your next step would be to make sure windows 7 drivers are even available for your computer ?
mainly the wifi and gpu drivers can be difficult.
Edited by: "lollypoplee" 1st May 2017

Original Poster

Yes actually I did before with my previous dell i5 as it comes with windows 8, took a little bit of time but then I manage to install windows 7, I already checked but surprisingly no windows 7 drivers available, I am really **** off with this laptop, have to restart few times a day.............maybe SSD drive is the other option but don't want to invest in this machine to tbh

a quick check on the Dell website says only windows 10 64bit are available but that does not mean anything. ive bin repairing computers for 14 years and im yet to come across a computer i cannot get working on windows 7 downgraded from windows 10.
sometimes involves a lot of searching and head scratching but its definitely doable.
sometimes its better to go for windows 8.1 and then use a windows 7 shell and i find if i cannot get a windows 7 driver to work then if i install 8.1 the windows 10 driver still works

Original Poster

I am looking actually, I cannot downgrade as there are no windows.the old folder in my PC (Only available for those who upgrade windows), let's see if I will find something or maybe Dell customer service can help

have you got or created a usb uefi bootable usb drive with windows 7 on ?

jun19

I am looking actually, I cannot downgrade as there are no windows.the old … I am looking actually, I cannot downgrade as there are no windows.the old folder in my PC (Only available for those who upgrade windows), let's see if I will find something or maybe Dell customer service can help

​dont waste your time calling Dell ! they wont help you mate

Windows 7 launched nearly eight years ago now, it's old and support has generally been dropped. You might find some business ranges support it, but I doubt many home models will

jun19

I have replaced this i5 7th generation to get better speed but it's … I have replaced this i5 7th generation to get better speed but it's slower than my last dell i5 4th generation, the laptop doesn't look sturdy compared to my last one.

Well the CPU shouldn't be any slower, potentially a little in the graphics department, so it's likely done to some other component. Does this one have a hard drive where the previous one had an SSD?

As for build quality, was your previous model from a similar point in the range? If it was a higher end model like an Inspiron 7000, XPS or Latitude then it's no surprise it felt more sturdy.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 1st May 2017

Original Poster

answering all questions in one place here sorry about that mess

Well, I just backup windows 10 as previously someone advises me to do, in the past I always create system image but it took a lot of space, no windows 7 back as I got the license already so I can fresh install from CD, this laptop came with DVD drive

some people suggest in the forum there is not support of windows 7 including drivers for kaby lake processor......

The previous one was the SATA drive and so this one also,

is it difficult to install SSD ? as I don't want to lose warranty..... I checked the whole process on youtube and I don't think I can do it perfectly it looks complicated to me

the last option is to sell this laptop and buy something with pre-installed SSD Drive

jun19

some people suggest in the forum there is not support of windows 7 … some people suggest in the forum there is not support of windows 7 including drivers for kaby lake processor......

Sales of Windows 7 home were stopped in 2014 and the last updates for it were in 2015. It's got a couple of years of security fixes left, but it's not a good choice as a main operating system for a computer that you expect to be using beyond 2019.

jun19

Well, I just backup windows 10 as previously someone advises me to do, in … Well, I just backup windows 10 as previously someone advises me to do, in the past I always create system image but it took a lot of space, no windows 7 back as I got the license already so I can fresh install from CD, this laptop came with DVD drive

Things have moved on since those dark days. The key is now stored in the bios and the Windows 10 installer can be downloaded from Microsoft's website so you don't need any backup or discs to be able to reinstall Windows 10.

It might be worth trying a fresh install of Windows 10 to see if that sorts out your issues. Windows 10 is reportedly faster and less resource intensive than 7 and 8 because of the popularity of low powered tablets.

jun19

The previous one was the SATA drive and so this one also

SATA is the connection type and doesn't have any impact on how the laptop feels, both hard drives and SSDs can use SATA.

jun19

is it difficult to install SSD ?

You're obvious familiar with installing an OS so the only potentially tricky bit would be the hardware side and that depends on the individual laptop model. Some are very simple, just pop a cover off the bottom and add the drive. Others require taking most of the laptop apart to get at the drive.

Looking at the notebookcheck review yours seems to be somewhere in between. You have to remove the bottom panel which is tricky and you don't have a dedicated M.2 slot but the 2.5" bay is exposed and looks to be easy to get at once the panel is off.

Do a fresh windows 8 install. Don't install the dell crap though.

Original Poster

thanks everyone it will definitely help me to sort out the issue

Back in August last year, Microsoft announced that Intel’s 7th Gen Kaby L … Back in August last year, Microsoft announced that Intel’s 7th Gen Kaby Lake chips will officially be supported only by the company’s flagship Windows 10 OS. Intel also appeared to be on board with Redmond’s decision, saying it “will not be updating Win 7/8 drivers for 7th Gen Intel Core per Microsoft’s support policy change.”

You will struggle with drivers I think.

I can speak from personal experience, as opposed to supposition + falsely perceived wisdom, I don't claim to know what I'm talking about but I'm using Windows 7 x 64 on the Dell Inspiron 15-5567 I bought at the end of March. It came with Ubuntu 16.04 which very quickly became clear would be bad for my health if I continued to try + crack this thing they call Linux. I downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate from I've no idea where, on to a usb + certainly by my standards (which are impeccably low with all things computer) I installed it surprisingly easily, deleting the Ubuntu partitions at one point during the process.
I should point out that I had no clue about my i5 7th Gen/Kaby Lake processor, or about the significance of having just installed Windows 7, I try to be a pc user + only that, as much as is allowed, which isn't much, sadly, however, regardless of my level of command the idea that Micros**t, Intel + Dell, between the 3 of them, would make the situation clear with regards to the fore-mentioned processors not supporting "Legacy Support" (as M's**t term it), is an idea experience tells me is not going to happen. Of course, they make no mention of the fact that in affect you're being forced to use Windows 10, it wasn't mentioned by anyone, anywhere that I noticed when I was looking into buying a new laptop but this sort of low, bottom-feeder behaviour is the 'norm' in pc land as if what's not acceptable everywhere else somehow is, online. It isn't, needless to say, I felt I should just add that!?!? The net makes behaving like scum really easy, it was never difficult + it remains a choice to get involved on the base level, or try to keep it real. Dell, for example, took the first option + in the short space of time I've been a customer/owner I share the contempt shown to me in their various failings to provide basic service, to be honest, I loathe Dell, based purely on my dealings with them over the last couple of months.
Anyway, I've gone way off the point, drivers are no problem aside from the AMD Radeon graphics card, which I haven't looked into yet so if it's a big problem, or not, I can't say ?? PCI Data Acquisition is another one Device Manager shows up but I've no idea what it does but all is well without it, so again I've not yet bothered looking into it. Is it important, maybe you can tell me?
I've just remembered, Synaptics 17.0.19 works great, jazzes up the touchpad lovely chubly!

dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/
This is the best advice I can give you, this guy is everything Dell isn't + a lot more! Honesty, integrity + support, plus, unlike me + most of the others on this thread, the guy on this site knows his onions, Dr. Philip Yip, is his name, I'm a huge fan, he says the same about me!..........He doesn't, you knew that, right?
Anyway, if you want to use Windows 7, go for it!?! I managed it, so how hard can it be?????

Ricky Dickson

RickyDickson

I downloaded Windows 7 Ultimate from I've no idea where

So you 'acquired' a copy of Windows and now you're complaining that Microsoft haven't spent the money making a product that was superseded five years ago work on brand new hardware?

Name me a single other software company that continues to release regular, free updates for a product they replaced five years ago?

If Microsoft want to manage their workload a bit by only making those updates available for systems installed within five years of the product being replaced then that seems perfectly reasonable behaviour.

As for not telling you, why were you assuming such old software - released eight years ago and out of mainstream support for three - would work flawlessly on a new machine in the first place?

Look at anything else comparable and you'll see worse support. The comparable Android and iOS versions would be 2.1 Eclair and 3.0, the comparable Mac OS would be 10.6 Snow Leopard.

If you even tried to use them on a daily basis you'd get laughed at, let alone installing them on a new device.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions