Where in store/shop can I get a TopUp Credit Card (visa/mastercard)

Found 10th Oct 2012
I'm looking to get a topup credit card (visa/mastercard) to be able to buy online.

I've searched MSE but all links refer to online applications. I've been to the Post Office but they don't do them. MoneyShop do them but you have to apply online!

All I want is a TopUp card not connected to a bank account - so the amount spent can be restricted but used by the "owner" but I would like to collect from a store/shop! (and pay the administration fee in person)

Anyone have any ideas please?

18 Comments

Orange do one, and sometimes have a free £5 credit promo with it.

Original Poster

IamMT

Closest I can find is at a Money Shop … Closest I can find is at a Money Shop http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CD4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.titaniumcashplus.co.uk%2Freload.html&ei=uZR1UNTAMeTD0QW45YDQDA&usg=AFQjCNFzbgy95Q9U-byLJbnvdvDq2kn1bA

thanks IamMT but u need to apply online!!!
Edited by: "philphil61" 10th Oct 2012

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Orange do one, and sometimes have a free £5 credit promo with it.

thanks sickly sweet - i just need to find out if i can order in store

Paypal has just started one.

Original Poster

haritori

Paypal has just started one.

but paypal is online - i dont want to go down the online route!

just want to go to store - pick up credit card (or application) - pay admin fee - take card - topup card and then have the ability to allow online buying

Original Poster

sickly sweet

http://www.payzone.co.uk/Consumer/Prepaid-Debit-Cards ?

thanks for this - just sent "contact us" request to see if can be applied for/collected in store

Op, thats not what I understand from : GET YOUR CARD

Call in at your local Money Shop

Just fill out an application form. Click here to find your nearest Money Shop. Take at least two types of identification (one must include a photograph like your passport or driver's license and one must prove your home address).

Hand your form, your card issue fee, the first monthly subscription and the value you wish to top-up into your account, to the cashier.

Once your details have been confirmed, you will be given a temporary Cirrus® ATM card which you can use immediately to withdraw cash from any ATM * displaying the Cirrus acceptance mark. We will post your personalised Titanium cashplus prepaid MasterCard® to

Original Poster

punkstoner1

OP wants an annonymouse payment card. Y U want annonymouse payment card … OP wants an annonymouse payment card. Y U want annonymouse payment card OP?

and why not? does it really matter the reasons?

Original Poster

IamMT

Op, thats not what I understand from : GET YOUR CARDCall in at your … Op, thats not what I understand from : GET YOUR CARDCall in at your local Money ShopJust fill out an application form. Click here to find your nearest Money Shop. Take at least two types of identification (one must include a photograph like your passport or driver's license and one must prove your home address).Hand your form, your card issue fee, the first monthly subscription and the value you wish to top-up into your account, to the cashier.Once your details have been confirmed, you will be given a temporary Cirrus® ATM card which you can use immediately to withdraw cash from any ATM * displaying the Cirrus acceptance mark. We will post your personalised Titanium cashplus prepaid MasterCard® to

I went to the MoneyShop - they told me to "apply online"

I want it for online purchases - not cash withdrawal.

I have no issue providing identity to apply for the card. The person I am seeking this for does not want to use his own card online to facilitate the application - he don't trust online buying - therefore obtaining a topup credit card will give him some "own protection/security" <<< he's old

Argos sells VISA Pre-Paid Cards, £25 & £50 value, but there is an administration fee.

Tesco too, £3.00 initial fee i think.

Original Poster

Bryan839 - Oct 10, 2012 17:52Argos sells VISA Pre-Paid Cards, £25 & £50 v … Bryan839 - Oct 10, 2012 17:52Argos sells VISA Pre-Paid Cards, £25 & £50 value, but there is an administration fee.

I believe these are gift cards for use in Argos stores and from their website it does state the following

Argos giftcards can not be spent online at present.

haritori - Oct 10, 2012 18:51Tesco too, £3.00 initial fee i think.

thanks I will contact them but still think these are standard visa cards with bank accounts

The tesco one is a visa debit card, prepaid which you topup and pay upfront £3.00 to use for 1 year and can spend anywhere that takes visa.

i bought my mum one for her birthday in september and she spent it at waterstones and boots, but unsure about online use.

Edited by: "haritori" 10th Oct 2012

philphil61

I went to the MoneyShop - they told me to "apply online"I want it for … I went to the MoneyShop - they told me to "apply online"I want it for online purchases - not cash withdrawal. I have no issue providing identity to apply for the card. The person I am seeking this for does not want to use his own card online to facilitate the application - he don't trust online buying - therefore obtaining a topup credit card will give him some "own protection/security" <<< he's old

I understand - how useless is the website!

Go to a Argos store, and get a gospendit card. I think it is Top up. it works anywhere and is real easy to use. there is a small activation fee, but it will work anywhere you can spend it. This does not show up on the Argos website, but is is in the store.

The OP needs to change the heading, it is not a " Credit Card " that he/she is seeking, but a "Pre-Pay Card ".
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants