Groups

Where in the world...

.... should I go?

I have to do a module for my degree abroad next summer and need to decide which country to go to.

My requirements are:
    * Most people will speak English (even if its not a first language)
    * Developed country

... and that's about it! Not too bothered about climate or anything else....

any serious suggestions?

28 Comments

Original Poster

currently I'm thinking Dubai in UAE...

Leiden, Holland.

what is your degree in?

Original Poster

g1bbuk;6910097

Leiden, Holland.

will they speak English? I imagined everyone'd speak Dutch

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6910104

what is your degree in?

Medicine

Denmark / Sweden. English very widely spoken in both countries & plenty of clean fresh air. Also close to home & cheap to get to :thumbsup:

paperclip;6910113

will they speak English? I imagined everyone'd speak Dutch

Almost everyone speaks English, its a university city with a lot of students from all over the place.

wales...

Canada

My requirements are:* Most people will speak English (even if its not a … My requirements are:* Most people will speak English (even if its not a first language)* Developed country

Well that rules out USA (on both counts!):giggle:

paperclip;6910118

Medicine

Dubai sounds interesting if you're comfortable within the confines of the culture.

paperclip;6910065

currently I'm thinking Dubai in UAE...

No drinking here... or gambling.. Or public masturbation.

ClarityofMind;6910273

Dubai sounds interesting if you're comfortable within the confines of the … Dubai sounds interesting if you're comfortable within the confines of the culture.

+ the heat

Banned

Jed Maxwell;6910277

lol

You could do do a lot worse than trying VSO:
    ]http//ww…uk/

Great opportunities that also supplement your CV. Why is "developed country " a requirement. Developed countries, especially those that speak English wouldn'yt, imho, offer the same sort of experience as you would find elsewhere. I have spent time in Oz, USA and Canada and although I would highly recommend them I gained more from my time in the MIddle East and in Asia

Kibbutz (Israel) is another great and cheap way to experience wonderful cultures. Most Israelis and Arabs speak English. It is a great way to explore the region and border control between Egypt and Jordan is much improved.

Original Poster

lol US is out already because of rdiculous application fees (easily £250+), non refundable even if you get rejected

Original Poster

Jed Maxwell;6910277

darren9030;6910281

+ the heat

yup all fine by me, except they don't seem to like replying to emails or answering telephone calls... which makes it very hard for me! if anyone knows any doctors in Dubai, please do get in touch!!

America.

Original Poster

any other ideas?

Singapore

scotland

pc world (sorry)

holland
    canada
    australia
    new zealand
    singapore (i think thhey are good at speaking english or i might be making it up!)

Original Poster

edjaned;6937103

pc world (sorry)

I lol'ed

Original Poster

Singapore sounds good!

Iceland

Japan

Original Poster

I think language would be a big problem in Japan....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …281977
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions