where is a good free IQ test?

13 replies
Found 4th Aug 2008
I want to check to see if i have improved, last time i was 105 which is pretty average.

Wheres good?

11 Comments

I think the BBC one is quite good, although I still argue that IQ isn't a real measurement of intelligence.

]Test The Nation

Mensa ones are the best ones, hard to find though brah.

Shadows1990;2669030

I think the BBC one is quite good, although I still argue that IQ isn't a … I think the BBC one is quite good, although I still argue that IQ isn't a real measurement of intelligence.]Test The Nation

I agree - it's measures your ability to take tests and to answer a limited range of question types. No single test can measure intelligence. You would need a whole battery of tests - and not just mental reasoning / knowledge tests either.

Yep, just about to post TTN thats easily the best one.

Liddle ol' me;2669061

I agree - it's measures your ability to take tests and to answer a … I agree - it's measures your ability to take tests and to answer a limited range of question types. No single test can measure intelligence. You would need a whole battery of tests - and not just mental reasoning / knowledge tests either.

Surely the very definition of intelligence is your mental reasoning ability and knowledge?

The dictionary definition agrees "the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations"

I just did the Test the Nation one and my IQ came out at 105, I was quite pleased with that!! I am not as stupid as I thought!!!!

I did have my 21 month old daughter trying to put me off and Brum playing in the back ground, think I might try it again when it's nice and quiet!!

131 here and im half asleep

also good application facebook and advanced one gets offered to you if you do well

Banned

DIVA1977;2672832

also good application facebook and advanced one gets offered to you if … also good application facebook and advanced one gets offered to you if you do well

? :?

twinks;2672937

Completely agree my son has an iq of 145, was assesed when he was 11 and … Completely agree my son has an iq of 145, was assesed when he was 11 and given the tag 'gifted and talented' by NAGTY, he was expected to get all A's and A* at GCSE and was supposed to be working towards this, yet now he'll be lucky if he scrapes any c's. Dont ask me what's going on there :thinking:sos, just been corrected 142

A high IQ does not necessarily mean that a child will get good grades. There are a lot of other factors including how happy they are, how good they are concentrating, whether they are bullied, who they hang out with at school (some children can be very distracting, or your child may be purposely trying to achieve average to low grades to avoid standing out)... the list goes on. A lot of gifted children have problems as well such as autism etc.

twinks;2676952

no, he's just lazy lol :roll:

There you go, lots of reasons why high IQ does not necessarily mean good grades.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions