Expired

where is my date of birth on ebay

Found 24th May 2014
The papers keep saying my date of birth has been leaked on ebay, but I can't for the life of me find it on there. I've emailed paypal asking to change my date of birth to 1066 to no avail so far.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

You only need to reset your password..

It used to be in account settings but it looks like the option to view has been removed

According to reports the information has already been leaked so I would change your password....changed mine other day

There is now a large banner reminder when you log on to ebay

http://i.gyazo.com/2cad6fff8177c0b14546c7ecfdf3eaa6.png
Edited by: "arachnoid" 24th May 2014

leejay

According to reports the information has already been leaked so I would … According to reports the information has already been leaked so I would change your password....changed mine other day

Me too.

Banned

From what I have read the account details were leaked April/March time so all you need to do is change your password, my account wouldn't let me log in unless I changed my PW, may also be a good idea to change the email address attached tou your account aswell.

Passwords must be disposable and one for each website these days, passwords really don't matter with the eBay breech, it's just a precaution.

The important information is the information you can't "change". Such as date of birth/address which isn't even encrypted.

It's about time people realised this instead of banging on about a changeable password.

Name, address and date of birth is used as a verification for a lot of businesses.

ts also about time websites stopped using email addresses as part of the log in process.Having two distinctly different pieces of information to log in with unrelated to user name or email would increase the security tremendously.

Edited by: "arachnoid" 24th May 2014

Original Poster

so they have my date of birth but I can't change it? I can't even remember if I gave it back in 1998 or whenever I joined

Dont worry the CIA have your real details
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants