Where is the best place to buy small double bed frame ?

Posted 2nd Jul 2020
Length 196cm and width less than 130cm . Preferably oak or wood material.
Ta
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Sometimes small doubles are hard to come by as you probably already know - we got an ottoman small double from a local shop. There are wooden ones on Wayfair. This has good reviews

wayfair.co.uk/Bra…BwE

worth noting fitted sheets can be hard to get too, we get ours from John Lewis or Dunelm. Hope that helps.
suepooh02/07/2020 22:42

There are wooden ones on Wayfair. This has good …There are wooden ones on Wayfair. This has good reviewshttps://www.wayfair.co.uk/Brambly-Cottage--Durham-Bed-Frame-V112935749-L12-K~U001824638.html?refid=GX433711544156-U001824638_767347292&device=c&ptid=900942359227&targetid=pla-900942359227&network=g&ireid=69661963&PiID%5B%5D=767347292&device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiMSzh8Ov6gIVFuDtCh3BNgBSEAQYASABEgKy7PD_BwE

It doesn't look that well reviewed. Scrolling through the most recent reviews a lot mention issues (loose support legs, redrilling required).
EndlessWaves03/07/2020 10:21

It doesn't look that well reviewed. Scrolling through the most recent …It doesn't look that well reviewed. Scrolling through the most recent reviews a lot mention issues (loose support legs, redrilling required).

I think for £126.99 it’s quite cheap (you get what you pay for!) and out of 277 reviews it’s rated 4.5 out of 5 stars. Suppose it’s down to budget x
whatever you do don’t use bedworld.net
terrible beds
suepooh03/07/2020 10:29

I think for £126.99 it’s quite cheap (you get what you pay for!) and out of …I think for £126.99 it’s quite cheap (you get what you pay for!) and out of 277 reviews it’s rated 4.5 out of 5 stars. Suppose it’s down to budget x

Review stars are meaningless though, you just have to look through the recent reviews to see even people receiving defective parts are giving the highest possible rating of five stars.

5* has come to mean 'acceptable', nothing more. To tell whether something is good or even excellent you have to read through the reviews and see whether people are outright raving about it, adding qualifiers ('for the price') or having problems.

To me that one sounds like it's average at best.
EndlessWaves03/07/2020 11:20

Review stars are meaningless though, you just have to look through the …Review stars are meaningless though, you just have to look through the recent reviews to see even people receiving defective parts are giving the highest possible rating of five stars.5* has come to mean 'acceptable', nothing more. To tell whether something is good or even excellent you have to read through the reviews and see whether people are outright raving about it, adding qualifiers ('for the price') or having problems. To me that one sounds like it's average at best.

Yes, I see what you are saying, maybe not the best. In an ideal situation It’s nice to see something in a shop and check it out before purchasing.
The Cotswold Co are good quality albeit, overpriced in my opinion - bit like DFS with all year round "sales".
Happy Beds are good - we bought 2 wooden ootoman beds from them. Had an issue with one of the boxes as the piece was damaged inside and they just sent another box to me! So I had a few extra bits to dispose off once I finished the build.

happybeds.co.uk/cle…781
Try Gumtree too. We got an excellent quality small double bed frame for my son from our local gumtree, would have cost more than double what we paid.
Post a comment
@
    Text