Groups
    EXPIRED

Where is the best place to change pounds into euros ?

I'm going to france next week and need some cash money for cafes,museums,...
    Is it better to change it in the UK or in France ?

Or should I use a prepaid credit card (travelcard) ?

I'm happy about every advice .

Thanks!!

11 Comments

check out m&s the best rate ive seen so far is 1.22 euros a pound m8

just got my nationwide cards, will test it in france on tues!

The best place is when your actually over in the country, but you have to be careful, because some like over here try and rip you off, but i have to say i never change over here, as not as good as rate as when your in the country xxx

Travel shops will price match other shops
    When I went away last week Thomas cook were offering 1.14 euros, went into holiday hypermarket and they offered 1.22 euros ( I told them I was offered 1. 20 euros):whistling:

Original Poster

Thanks for all your helpful advice!

travelex online were by far the best when I was going to France last month. Order online and pick it up from the departure airport on the day you fly, they are open from about 4am onwards

post office - no commision

everywhere is no commision now mostly

Try Post Office on line I think the rate is 1.23 plus free delivery if spending over £500 also £1.55 cash back on Quidco.

Try the travel money maximiser on the mse website you can get 1.24 at thomas global exchange. Link below

travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Happy holidays
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1826
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      3. Cat Chat76734
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions