where is the best place to exchange perfume with no receipt?

33 replies
Found 2nd Jan
Hi
I've got some perfumes that I don't want. Still all sealed up and not tampered with, I'm wondering which shop I can exchange then in without a proof of purchase please?

1. Ask
  2. Perfume
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Perfume
33 Comments

Boots will take it but only for exchange obviously

Why would any shop give you retail price for something you haven't purchased from them? Sell them elsewhere.

copies?

Stolen?

Bit naughty if you ask me.

Exchange with your sister. Wouldn't advise exchanging with your granny because they tend to stink of ****.

They should do a, 'Swap your unwanted Christmas gifts" on here

ebay is not bad.. they swap for paypal credits..

GrantG182

Exchange with your sister. Wouldn't advise exchanging with your granny … Exchange with your sister. Wouldn't advise exchanging with your granny because they tend to stink of ****.

Gosh guess you're a real peach of a grandchild.

you are asking decent people to help advise you on how to commit a crime?

Yeah... just no. "Hey help me defraud an honest retailer".

You're alright thanks.

Why did I get an alert for this foolishness?!!!

twinkle

Gosh guess you're a real peach of a grandchild.

Yep, for what it's worth, I think all celebrities perfume ranges also stink of ****. Now, what's your point, exactly?

GrantG182

Yep, for what it's worth, I think all celebrities perfume ranges also … Yep, for what it's worth, I think all celebrities perfume ranges also stink of ****. Now, what's your point, exactly?

It's a pithy point if you ask me - boom boom

yes it is a wee bit pithy

sell it on here or ebay

Laughing a lot that one of your previous threads was about fraud too! Wow!

browne81

The so cold scammers were only probably taking their money back lol

You sound a right Del Boy, hopefully they'll tell you to do one

Original Poster

Wow! I got them as presents at Christmas and they aren't my usual choices. I didn't know it was illegal to exchange items without a receipt in store.

Really some of your comments are really funny. You would think by your reactions that I asked which store I should rob or something.

pookey1

Wow! I got them as presents at Christmas and they aren't my usual … Wow! I got them as presents at Christmas and they aren't my usual choices. I didn't know it was illegal to exchange items without a receipt in store. Really some of your comments are really funny. You would think by your reactions that I asked which store I should rob or something.

​The person who got you the perfume purchased it from shop A and you're trying to exchange it in shop B, so yes you are stealing from shop B.

Original Poster

miketheking14

​The person who got you the perfume purchased it from shop A and you're t … ​The person who got you the perfume purchased it from shop A and you're trying to exchange it in shop B, so yes you are stealing from shop B.

But how is it stealing if they allow this and they still get an item of the same value to sell on?

Would it not be possible to ask the giver for the receipt?

pookey1

But how is it stealing if they allow this and they still get an item of … But how is it stealing if they allow this and they still get an item of the same value to sell on?

They might not need a receipt but could need proof of purchase, as what's to stop someone just picking something off the shelves and asking to exchange it for something else.

pookey1

But how is it stealing if they allow this and they still get an item of … But how is it stealing if they allow this and they still get an item of the same value to sell on?

How is the shop to know it isn't a fake perfume, Boots won't exchange the perfume for credit without some sort of proof, I know this for a fact. It's very much at the discretion of the manager, which they won't do without a gift receipt, points record of the item, the actual receipt or a bank statement with the cost of the item on and the merchant.

Original Poster

nannafish

Would it not be possible to ask the giver for the receipt?

I don't want to seem ungrateful. But I'll try and test the waters. Lol

browne81

The OPs cousin was scammed online and you find it funny?

Edited by: "andynicol" 3rd Jan

pookey1

HiI've got some perfumes that I don't want. Still all sealed up and … HiI've got some perfumes that I don't want. Still all sealed up and not tampered with, I'm wondering which shop I can exchange then in without a proof of purchase please?

a/ keep it

b/ ask the giver for the receipt as 'you have plenty perfume and it will go to waste as you won't use it'

c/ sell on here / eBay / Gumtree

d/ hand it in to Oxfam et al, or school / kids club fundraiser raffle etc

c/ give it to someone next christmas oO

Edited by: "andynicol" 3rd Jan

What perfumes you got? Might be interested in buying if any decent fragances

Kikesin

What perfumes you got? Might be interested in buying if any decent … What perfumes you got? Might be interested in buying if any decent fragances

And i agree with others.. just try to sell on here, eBay etc.. or simply ask the giver for receipt

Original Poster

tomj17

Boots will take it but only for exchange obviously

Thanks this was perfect

Original Poster

Kikesin

What perfumes you got? Might be interested in buying if any decent … What perfumes you got? Might be interested in buying if any decent fragances

Hi
Thanks a lot but I already exchanged them in boots before reading your message

pookey1

A. It's fraud.
B. If perfume was bought cheaper but your getting more in exchange is worse.
C . Each store does not buy it at same price. So if store A pays £12 a bottle but sells it at £25 and you exachange it at store B where they pay £10 a bottle and sells for £25, store losses out. Because they paid £12 for something that would cost them £10.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox Newbie34
    2. private number44
    3. Whey protien615
    4. Driving anxiety.1416
    5. Toyota verso camera11

See more discussions