Where's the best place to Sell Watches

Posted 7th Sep 2020Edited by:"peter1969uk"
Just a quick one, I'm looking to sell a few watches. U-Boats to start off with. They weren't cheap to buy but don't seem to popular. Does anyone know of any dealers which might buy U-Boats.

I've got 3 which I've had for a few years but never got around to wear them.
2 x Flight Decks 45mm
1 x U42 - 47mm
3539081.jpgThe two on the left ant the one on the right.

The two in the middle I wear from time to time.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Hi mate, have you thought about listing on chrono24? I think they charge a 6.5% commission which is pretty decent compared to the likes of eBay and the scammers that lurk there. You also have the WuS FS forum.

If you’d prefer in person and are any where near London I’d take them to Hatton Garden, give a few jewellers a call first but as you probably know, there are an abundance there.

Personally I’d go the top two as like you say, it’s not an overly popular watch so dealers might not want to buy at a good rate where as on those platforms you’d likely achieve more.

Good luck!
Edited by: "Kratos69" 7th Sep
Also, forgot about these guys but watchmaster.com/en gave me a very good price quote wise recently. I don’t believe they buy it outright though, selling on your behalf taking a commission (19%) but they will list at a good price to start.
I would say watchfinder, but you have to do the research first. Recently sold an omega Seamaster to them, did an online quote and was quoted £1300, booked an appointment at a local branch but was only offered £1000. Decided to let them send it off to Head Office for appraisal, again they offered £1000, but when I said return it, they miraculously agreed to the original £1300. Money transferred within 48 hours.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 7th Sep
Having read too many Commando comics recently, I thought for a moment that submarines were being sold
bozo00707/09/2020 15:48

Having read too many Commando comics recently, I thought for a moment that …Having read too many Commando comics recently, I thought for a moment that submarines were being sold

Nah! Submarines are much smaller.
I've used chrono24 and chronext but also had just as much luck with eBay when they have a £1 fvf
Kratos6907/09/2020 15:03

Hi mate, have you thought about listing on chrono24? I think they charge a …Hi mate, have you thought about listing on chrono24? I think they charge a 6.5% commission which is pretty decent compared to the likes of eBay and the scammers that lurk there. You also have the WuS FS forum. If you’d prefer in person and are any where near London I’d take them to Hatton Garden, give a few jewellers a call first but as you probably know, there are an abundance there.Personally I’d go the top two as like you say, it’s not an overly popular watch so dealers might not want to buy at a good rate where as on those platforms you’d likely achieve more. Good luck!

~I'll look into Chrono24 tomorrow. I've called a couple of dealers but they don't take U-Boats.
Kratos6907/09/2020 15:23

Also, forgot about these guys but https://www.watchmaster.com/en gave me a …Also, forgot about these guys but https://www.watchmaster.com/en gave me a very good price quote wise recently. I don’t believe they buy it outright though, selling on your behalf taking a commission (19%) but they will list at a good price to start.

They have some U-Boats, might be worth a try.
Toptrumpet07/09/2020 15:26

I would say watchfinder, but you have to do the research first. Recently …I would say watchfinder, but you have to do the research first. Recently sold an omega Seamaster to them, did an online quote and was quoted £1300, booked an appointment at a local branch but was only offered £1000. Decided to let them send it off to Head Office for appraisal, again they offered £1000, but when I said return it, they miraculously agreed to the original £1300. Money transferred within 48 hours.

I got them at a very good price, as the guy selling them used to be part owner of Russell and Case Liverpool. They closed a couple years earlier, and he was clearing out the remainder of his watches before moving.
Phlop007/09/2020 21:50

I've used chrono24 and chronext but also had just as much luck with eBay …I've used chrono24 and chronext but also had just as much luck with eBay when they have a £1 fvf

I don't trust eBay as a seller. You have no rights, at all. You're at the mercy of the buyer and hope he's trust worthy. I sold an Old Brietling Shark through eBay once, the guy didn't like it and reported it as fake. All the paperwork and in great condition. He obviously didn't like it, and easier not to pay buy saying fake. eBay just refunded him, and told him to dispose of the watch. they wouldn't look into my paperwork or even insurance evaluations of the watch. Luckily they guy returned it, I ended up selling it to a pawn brokers, for a little bit more than the guy originally paid.
Post a comment
@
    Text