Groups
    EXPIRED

Where is the cheapest place to buy Windows Xp Home Edition?

I had a look around and found Ebuyer selling it for £61.78.
    Does anybody know where they can find it cheaper than that? Any help will be appreciated.

12 Comments

To be honest if you can get a XP home CD - go onto usenet group for computer sales and buy a COA.

COAs go for about £10-£15

As far as I know this is legal. I have done this a few times and the version of XP has activated OK with MS and all Windows upgrades go through no problem.

hth

EliTom

Any reason why XP and not windows 7 ?

Original Poster

elitom;5748073

To be honest if you can get a XP home CD - go onto usenet group for … To be honest if you can get a XP home CD - go onto usenet group for computer sales and buy a COA.COAs go for about £10-£15As far as I know this is legal. I have done this a few times and the version of XP has activated OK with MS and all Windows upgrades go through no problem.hthEliTom

Thanks for that, but i actually just need to buy the disc

tonyg1962;5748124

Any reason why XP and not windows 7 ?

Because i lost someones XP disc so i need to buy a new one. Didn't think it would be so expensive though seeing as Windows 7 can be bought for less than i found for XP

get windows 7 free for a year. when it expires you can install xp which sould be very cheap by then.

Original Poster

rasanh;5748263

get windows 7 free for a year. when it expires you can install xp which … get windows 7 free for a year. when it expires you can install xp which sould be very cheap by then.

Free? How? I suppose i could temporarily get her Windows 7 until XP is cheap if Windows 7 is free like you say

DarkKnight;5748292

Free? How? I suppose i could temporarily get her Windows 7 until XP is … Free? How? I suppose i could temporarily get her Windows 7 until XP is cheap if Windows 7 is free like you say

If you have lost someones XP disc but they still have the COA sticker proving that they own XP ,You can just dowload a copy of XP for free and use that,

tonyg1962;5748342

If you have lost someones XP disc but they still have the COA sticker … If you have lost someones XP disc but they still have the COA sticker proving that they own XP ,You can just dowload a copy of XP for free and use that,

Is the correct answer

[QUOTE=DarkKnight;5748163]Thanks for that, but i actually just need to buy the disc

/QUOTE]illa

Do you have a COA on the computer?

If so, and its not against the rules here, I can send you a copy of vanilla XP Home SP1 and SP2 on CD.

EliTom

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5748342

If you have lost someones XP disc but they still have the COA sticker … If you have lost someones XP disc but they still have the COA sticker proving that they own XP ,You can just dowload a copy of XP for free and use that,

Thanks i will give that a try. do you have a direct link on how to do that? if so then that will be great

elitom;5748445

Do you have a COA on the computer?If so, and its not against the rules … Do you have a COA on the computer?If so, and its not against the rules here, I can send you a copy of vanilla XP Home SP1 and SP2 on CD.EliTom

Its ok now thank you as i will try to download XP from the method above.

I will now rep all that helped me, thank you

DarkKnight;5748502

Thanks i will give that a try. do you have a direct link on how to do … Thanks i will give that a try. do you have a direct link on how to do that? if so then that will be greatIts ok now thank you as i will try to download XP from the method above.I will now rep all that helped me, thank you

not sure if there is a direct link via MS but its on torrents

if you are still stuck PM me and I will post you a CD

EliTom

DarkKnight;5748502

Thanks i will give that a try. do you have a direct link on how to do … Thanks i will give that a try. do you have a direct link on how to do that? if so then that will be greatIts ok now thank you as i will try to download XP from the method above.I will now rep all that helped me, thank you

It is not quite that simple ,You can only download it from a file sharing site or borrow and copy a disc from someone,However first you need to know what version of XP you have the COA for ,If it is xp home OEM then you will need that version ,If you are unable to download it someone here will probably be able to send you a copy,

Original Poster

elitom;5748532

not sure if there is a direct link via MS but its on torrentsif you are … not sure if there is a direct link via MS but its on torrentsif you are still stuck PM me and I will post you a CDEliTom

Ok, i will let you know if i still need help, thank you

tonyg1962;5748565

It is not quite that simple ,You can only download it from a file sharing … It is not quite that simple ,You can only download it from a file sharing site or borrow and copy a disc from someone,However first you need to know what version of XP you have the COA for ,If it is xp home OEM then you will need that version ,If you are unable to download it someone here will probably be able to send you a copy,

Yeah, i do probably have an XP disc lying around somewhere but like you said, It needs to be XP Home whereas mine is Media Center. It's ok i will just talk to her and see if i can buy her Windows 7 or something then lol :thumbsup:
    Thanks everyone
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      2. Best VR games?22
      3. What to do?????23
      4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions