Where is the USB socket in the car?

Found 15th Feb 2012
I've recently bought a 2011/12 Vauxhall Zafira 1.7 Elite,
apparently it has a USB socket, I've managed to find the AUX socket. Does anyone know where the USB socket is in this car? Or does it not have one?!
Community Updates
MiscCarSocket
28 Comments
Will be in the last place you look.
Is it not on the sat nav ?
Glove compartment may be? What make/model stereo does it have?
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 15th Feb 2012
Under the fuel filler flap.

Seriously though I dont have a clue. I do remember taking a mates Pontiac Firebird to the petrol station to fill it and then couldnt find the filler cap, stupid designers hid it behind the numberplate! The actual plate hinged down to reveal it.
Checked glove box and there's no sat nav well i don't think there is.
SUMMONER

Glove compartment may be? What make/model stereo does it have?

It's got a CD MP3 30 from what I remember. and standard vauxhall fitted one
Really daft question, but what does the manual say?

(I don't normally look in manuals except in dire situations)
moose109

Really daft question, but what does the manual say?(I don't normally look … Really daft question, but what does the manual say?(I don't normally look in manuals except in dire situations)

That was the last place I looked in, seems all waffle to me
Don't want to rain on your parade mate but I don;t think this has a USB - I could be wrong but my dad has the same model and his does not have a USB. The good news though - his does play MP3 files that I have burned onto a cd for him!!! Let us know if you have any luck
Ah man no usb oh well, aux is good enough with the iPod
my kia has an aux button stereo but no port anywhere, i dont really understand isos or standards of connections, but what options have i got if any (there is a spare xx number pin in the back)
Have you tried the boot?
splatsplatsplat

my kia has an aux button stereo but no port anywhere, i dont really … my kia has an aux button stereo but no port anywhere, i dont really understand isos or standards of connections, but what options have i got if any (there is a spare xx number pin in the back)

Is it a Cee'd? If so then the AUX is on the lower part of the centre console. It looks like a headphone socket.
MrBoombastic

Ah man no usb oh well, aux is good enough with the iPod

If its anything like the golf get an adapter that connects to the same port as your ipod.
moose109

Is it a Cee'd? If so then the AUX is on the lower part of the centre … Is it a Cee'd? If so then the AUX is on the lower part of the centre console. It looks like a headphone socket.

Only had a test drive in a kia rio 1.5tdi (brand new) last year and that had it in the same place as you said if I remember correctly. On my skoda 1.9 tdi sport the aux is right next to the 12v socket beside the handbrake.
paddy.stone

Only had a test drive in a kia rio 1.5tdi (brand new) last year and that … Only had a test drive in a kia rio 1.5tdi (brand new) last year and that had it in the same place as you said if I remember correctly. On my skoda 1.9 tdi sport the aux is right next to the 12v socket beside the handbrake.

I had a Hyundai i30 for a bit and that is basically the same as a Cee'd. Sadly though I had a petrol and not a diesel.
its got nowt, what i meant is, what can i connect to the back of the stereo to connect something up, i reckon the aux button might utilise a cd player, but i want a mp3 in it. currently using a mp3 radio transmitter which aint great
Ebay

http://www.coated.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/car-lighter-usb-port.jpg
What model and trim level do you have splat?
danmc

Ebay

got one similar from bnq for £2 , got 2 usb sockets one for my phone n one for sat nav, cheap n cheerful
Some Vaux's have a usb port near the handbrake.

Mine didn't -.-
Sometimes in the CD rack thing in the center console.
danmc

Ebay

that's to charge things, it wont play anything through that
moose109

What model and trim level do you have splat?

picanto 09 basic model 1
splatsplatsplat

picanto 09 basic model 1

Having a nose around various Kia forums, they pretty much all say that the head unit is the same across the range, but the lower ones will have the AUX port blanked out. So if you press the AUX button, it'll just show 'no media'. Seems the only way to change it is to actually change the head unit, which is a pain in the backside just for AUX.
so you cant plug a lead in the back for a stereo jack or cd-changer? there was a rectangular pin socket spare at the back of the unit, but cant remember exactly how many pins etc
Nope, when I looked it seems as though it isn't something a Kia dealer can order in for you. I guess there is no harm in phoning one to see if that has changed mind since people previously tried.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions