Groups

Where sells Easter eggs after Easter?!

My Mum has just called to inform me she'll be visiting on Monday!!! All the shops near me are shut, as they will be tomorrow but I need to get her an Easter egg!! I remember looking for eggs last year after Easter when they're all reduced (egg shaped chocolate is 1000 times better than normal chocolate!!!) but couldn't find any in the supermarkets. Where do they all get sent to? Is it Poundland etc or do they just get chucked as they take up too much space on the shelves?! Rep for help!!!

39 Comments

Banned

Tesco's were flogging them at half price earlier at about.... half 5.

I think you have to be quick at the supermarkets because everyone has the same idea of getting half price eggs! Depends if they overbought this year or not. Sometimes they just don't have any left or wait till the Monday/Tuesday before reducing them.

Banned

I have just bought my fella an half price Hotel Chocolat one.

It was £15 and I got it for £7.50 about 1 hour ago.

They had lot's left so should be some in on Monday.

Banned

DLM;8280639

I have just bought my fella an half price Hotel Chocolat one.It was £15 … I have just bought my fella an half price Hotel Chocolat one.It was £15 and I got it for £7.50 about 1 hour ago.

Thanks for adding that, my maths is quite poor.

sainaburys had half price eggs too, but i think it will be a bit of luck to find stores with them as some will and some wont

Some local shops like Costcutter and Spar sell them

Banned

vibeone;8280659

No, problem :-D

You will definitely get one in any big supermarket - all our big supermarkets are still open tomorrow

My son so far has 15 eggs and a load more tomorrow. Its ridiculous - I buy 25 eggs give them out to his friends, neighbours kids etc and he gets 25 back:roll:

vibeone;8280659

:lol:

Original Poster

bossyboots;8280681

You will definitely get one in any big supermarket - all our big … You will definitely get one in any big supermarket - all our big supermarkets are still open tomorrowMy son so far has 15 eggs and a load more tomorrow. Its ridiculous - I buy 25 eggs give them out to his friends, neighbours kids etc and he gets 25 back:roll:

15?! That's loooooads!!! I've only got one but it's that £60 Ostrich egg from Hotel Chocolat... I'm drooling already!!! I've told the bf already that he can have the chocolates inside that I don't like but the egg is mine... mwahahaha!!

Banned

baffledsalmon;8280701

15?! That's loooooads!!! I've only got one but it's that £60 Ostrich egg … 15?! That's loooooads!!! I've only got one but it's that £60 Ostrich egg from Hotel Chocolat... I'm drooling already!!! I've told the bf already that he can have the chocolates inside that I don't like but the egg is mine... mwahahaha!!

He would have probably got it for £30 tonight.

baffledsalmon;8280701

15?! That's loooooads!!! I've only got one but it's that £60 Ostrich egg … 15?! That's loooooads!!! I've only got one but it's that £60 Ostrich egg from Hotel Chocolat... I'm drooling already!!! I've told the bf already that he can have the chocolates inside that I don't like but the egg is mine... mwahahaha!!

OMG £60 - I think my husband has bought me a creme egg!! We dont buy each other eggs - I dont bother with chocolate which I know is strange.

Banned

DLM;8280712

Strong stench of jealousy here.

Banned

vibeone;8280789

Banned

vibeone;8280815

What a pointlessly bitchy comment to make DLM? Why do you have to be so … What a pointlessly bitchy comment to make DLM? Why do you have to be so mean and jealous all the time?

vibeone;8280789

yip I am mega Jealous that OP's boyfriend has got her this gorgeous egg and I will probably just get a boiled one :-D

baffledsalmon;8280701

DLM;8280712

vibeone;8280789

LOL!

That must be some good chocolate babe - I was drooling over a giant Lindt bunny the other day - think it cost £35 :-D

TRY and savour the flavour - don't stuff it until you throw it back up, that would be wasteful :giggle:

eggs are so overrated,
    my last 2 turned out to be right pains in the bum

(once they were fertilized :-D)

Banned

michelleleemoo;8280849

eggs are so overrated, my last 2 turned out to be right pains in the bum … eggs are so overrated, my last 2 turned out to be right pains in the bum (once they were fertilized :-D)

You are doing it wrong.

Banned

Mrs.Z;8280839

LOL! That must be some good chocolate babe - I was drooling over a giant … LOL! That must be some good chocolate babe - I was drooling over a giant Lindt bunny the other day - think it cost £35 :-DTRY and savour the flavour - don't stuff it until you throw it back up, that would be wasteful :giggle:

Not sure why you have quoted me there :?

Mrs.Z;8280839

LOL! That must be some good chocolate babe - I was drooling over a giant … LOL! That must be some good chocolate babe - I was drooling over a giant Lindt bunny the other day - think it cost £35 :-DTRY and savour the flavour - don't stuff it until you throw it back up, that would be wasteful :giggle:

Hi Mrs Z - are u joining the boiled egg club lol or is your hubby gonna spoil u like OP's boyfriend - to be young and in love:-D

michelleleemoo;8280849

eggs are so overrated, my last 2 turned out to be right pains in the bum … eggs are so overrated, my last 2 turned out to be right pains in the bum (once they were fertilized :-D)

:lol::lol: ah thats brilliant MM :-D

bossyboots;8280865

Hi Mrs Z - are u joining the boiled egg club lol or is your hubby gonna … Hi Mrs Z - are u joining the boiled egg club lol or is your hubby gonna spoil u like OP's boyfriend - to be young and in love:-D

We don't actually 'do' Easter - except when they get reduced, then I tend to get into the spirit :giggle:

Asda have LOADS left tonight (in Benton anyway).

vibeone;8280856

You are doing it wrong.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z188/celica18l/ONTD/CraigFerguson/38d9f0d8.gif

:-D

OMG VB1 I only just got that:oops: get to that naughty step now!!!!!

bossyboots;8280912

OMG VB1 I only just got that:oops: get to that naughty step now!!!!!

he may need to kneel :whistling:

michelleleemoo;8280923

he may need to kneel :whistling:

its okay I can provide some knee pads :whistling:

bossyboots;8280933

its okay I can provide some knee pads :whistling:

now that would definitely be doing it wrong :w00t:

Banned

Thanks - I'm here all week.

michelleleemoo;8280942

now that would definitely be doing it wrong :w00t:

looooooooooool I think thats my queue now to head down and meet the others in the pub!!! My oh been there since 6 but I just cant start drinking till at least 8 or am pie eyed super quick!

meh, easter becomes christmas, becomes XXXX day (substitute XXXX for any relative).

All too much keeping up with the jones's. Retailers win, ordinary person = fail.

No I'm not religious, more realist

bossyboots;8280965

looooooooooool I think thats my queue now to head down !

BOSSY! GO NOW http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/butterflycrochetgirl/POSTING%20PICS/LAUGHING/POINTINGFINGERSMILEY.gif

michelleleemoo;8280985

BOSSY! GO NOW

am going am going! just slapping on some more lippy! chow chow!!

bossyboots;8280994

am going am going! just slapping on some more lippy! chow chow!!

I wouldn't bother, wont be on for long :giggle: have fun my dear :-D

Banned

thegroutch;8281396

back to topic, M&S ones should go half price either Monday or Tuesday … back to topic, M&S ones should go half price either Monday or Tuesday morning

Cough cough!

M&S are great :thumbsup:

bossyboots;8280681

You will definitely get one in any big supermarket - all our big … You will definitely get one in any big supermarket - all our big supermarkets are still open tomorrowMy son so far has 15 eggs and a load more tomorrow. Its ridiculous - I buy 25 eggs give them out to his friends, neighbours kids etc and he gets 25 back:roll:

You must have different supermarkets, in my area on Easter sunday they are closed;-)

DEALWARRIOR;8281903

You must have different supermarkets, in my area on Easter sunday they … You must have different supermarkets, in my area on Easter sunday they are closed;-)

I think ours our open in London - I noticed that Tesco are still doing grocery deliveries

Banned

DEALWARRIOR;8281903

You must have different supermarkets, in my area on Easter sunday they … You must have different supermarkets, in my area on Easter sunday they are closed;-)

The law is stores over 3000sq ft are not allowed to trade Christmas day or Easter Sunday, stores in Scotland are exempt from the latter.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest Fifa 18 Digital code?11
      2. Beer experts help required!22
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile66
      4. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother78

See more discussions